Mac OS X 10.5 Problems

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cvictim

Mac OS X 10.5 Problems

Post by cvictim »

Hi, I literally just downloaded scummvm off of the downloads page and it says it's a disk image (which I'm not quite sure what that is). So when I downloaded it, there were several files and no program. I also downloaded scummaqua as a front-end but I'm not sure how to make any of it work. Can someone help? I don't have much knowledge of front-ends or seemingly anything needed to make this work..
clone2727
Retired

Re: Mac OS X 10.5 Problems

Post by clone2727 »

cvictim wrote:Hi, I literally just downloaded scummvm off of the downloads page and it says it's a disk image (which I'm not quite sure what that is). So when I downloaded it, there were several files and no program. I also downloaded scummaqua as a front-end but I'm not sure how to make any of it work. Can someone help? I don't have much knowledge of front-ends or seemingly anything needed to make this work..
When you download the disk image, OS X should mount it (if not, just double click on it). The ScummVM file is the application. ScummAqua is an ancient frontend that is not needed anymore; just use ScummVM's launcher.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

cvictim wrote:That's what I thought too, but when I mount the file it just comes up with a folder called "tools" with a bunch of Unix files in it. I figured I was missing the Launcher because I checked out the tutorial thing but, I still can't find the Launcher haha...I'll keep looking I guess. The file I need to download for OS X is the "Mac OS X Universal Disk Image"?
Did you download the right file?
cvictim

Re: Mac OS X 10.5 Problems

Post by cvictim »

That's what I thought too, but when I mount the file it just comes up with a folder called "tools" with a bunch of Unix files in it. I figured I was missing the Launcher because I checked out the tutorial thing but, I still can't find the Launcher haha...I'll keep looking I guess. The file I need to download for OS X is the "Mac OS X Universal Disk Image"?
cvictim

Post by cvictim »

ugh. it worked this time. thanks for the help!
raina

Post by raina »

cvictim wrote:when I mount the file it just comes up with a folder called "tools" with a bunch of Unix files in it. [...] The file I need to download for OS X is the "Mac OS X Universal Disk Image"?
cvictim wrote:ugh. it worked this time. thanks for the help!
You got it right, it seems the first time you accidentally downloaded the ScummVM Tools. :)