Which files should I copy?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Sonny.sam

Which files should I copy?

Post by Sonny.sam »

Hey, until now I've been using scummVM games downloaded from... erm... illegitimate sources, which are pre-tailored for use with ScummVM. I have a 2 cd copy of Broken Sword 2, which I would like to be able to play on my mac using ScummVM. The problem is, I don't know which files are necessary and which files are not, and I'd like to avoid clogging my disk with more files that I need or am going to use. Which folders & files do I need to copy to be able to play the game? I realise I will need the cutscene files from the downloads section of this site in addition, but really have no idea otherwise.

Thanks,

Sam.
howl

Post by howl »

You have the response in the wiki of scummvm. http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... e_Templars
Sonny.sam

Post by Sonny.sam »

Haha, I feel like such a novice.

Thanks a lot!
id1402

Post by id1402 »

howl

Post by howl »

If he/she's using the lastest 1.0.0-rc1 is better not to use the recoded videos and put the original smk ones instead. Perhaps and update to the Guide to make the Real Ultimate Broken Sword 2 Setup Guide :P xD
Matt

Re: Which files should I copy?

Post by Matt »

Sonny.sam wrote:Hey, until now I've been using scummVM games downloaded from... erm... illegitimate sources
Well, considering this statement it's surprising you got help in the first place.

What's so special about user Sonny.sam that forum rule #0 does not apply to him?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Indeed, good point. Noone saw this earlier

Locking this thread because of forum rule #0. Once again. we DO NOT support illegally obtained versions