Broken Sword 2 Problems

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mikeee

Broken Sword 2 Problems

Post by mikeee »

Hi all,

When I use ScummVM to play BS2 the game seems to play alright but i dont have any voices and i dont think i have music either (i can hear the fire crackling at the beginning of the game though). I have the "Sold Out" version of broken sword 2. I read the "Game Data Files" section in your documentation and it says that i need to rename music.clu to music1.clu on CD1, the problem is is that CD1 doesnt have music.clu on it. It also says that i should rename music.clu on cd2 to music2.clu. CD2 does have this file on it.
It says the same with speech.clu but the same thing happens, cd1 doesnt have one but cd2 does.

Any ideas on what I should do?

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Broken Sword 2 Problems

Post by eriktorbjorn »

mikeee wrote:Hi all,

When I use ScummVM to play BS2 the game seems to play alright but i dont have any voices and i dont think i have music either (i can hear the fire crackling at the beginning of the game though). I have the "Sold Out" version of broken sword 2. I read the "Game Data Files" section in your documentation and it says that i need to rename music.clu to music1.clu on CD1, the problem is is that CD1 doesnt have music.clu on it. It also says that i should rename music.clu on cd2 to music2.clu. CD2 does have this file on it.
It says the same with speech.clu but the same thing happens, cd1 doesnt have one but cd2 does.

Any ideas on what I should do?

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks
Odd. On my Broken Sword 2 CD, first disc, Sold-Out version, both speech.clu and Music.clu are in the CLUSTERS directory, along with Paris.clu, Docks.clu, etc.
deadpan

Post by deadpan »

I am having a slight problem in Broken Sword 2 and I'll just post it hear instead of starting a near identical thread:

While everything plays fine for the first few areas, I've encountered a strange issue at the Docks. When I solve the puzzles and climb over the fence, the screen goes black and I get the message "Insert CD 1". Now I thought I had all the needed files from the CDs, I named the music and speech files 1 and 2, and am using the converted cutscene pack off the scummVM site. Is there some particular file I am missing, or perhaps got corrupted when I was copying it over from the CD? This is using scummVM 0.8a for OS X.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

deadpan wrote:I am having a slight problem in Broken Sword 2 and I'll just post it hear instead of starting a near identical thread:

While everything plays fine for the first few areas, I've encountered a strange issue at the Docks. When I solve the puzzles and climb over the fence, the screen goes black and I get the message "Insert CD 1". Now I thought I had all the needed files from the CDs, I named the music and speech files 1 and 2, and am using the converted cutscene pack off the scummVM site. Is there some particular file I am missing, or perhaps got corrupted when I was copying it over from the CD? This is using scummVM 0.8a for OS X.
Sounds like the warehous.clu file is missing.
deadpan

Post by deadpan »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
That was it. Thanks!
StuartAshcroft

Post by StuartAshcroft »

Hi this is my first post on here. I also am having problems getting Broken Sword 2 to work on scumm, so if anyone knows where there is a tutorial for this game to work I would be very greatful. Thanks. Oh the version I use of Broken Sword 2 is the Sold Out version :D
ADutchGuy

Post by ADutchGuy »

Stuart: Try the Readme.txt file that comes with your scummVM installation:

5.6.3) Broken Sword 2

Don't forget the recoded video files available in the download area... ;)

ADG
StuartAshcroft

Post by StuartAshcroft »

Thanks I'll try that :D
ivanukuu

Post by ivanukuu »

deadpan wrote:
eriktorbjorn wrote:
That was it. Thanks!

HI, I'm sorry but I don't know how to dowland the warehous.clu file.
Where can I find it?
If you can andswer me in spanish I'll be so thank
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

You don't download the file it's on one of the CD's, I'm not sure which one because I don't have my Broken Sword 2 CD's with me. Just copy the warehouse.clu into the folder on your hard disk with the other BS2 required files (see here for the list of files required).
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Jimbob wrote:You don't download the file it's on one of the CD's, I'm not sure which one because I don't have my Broken Sword 2 CD's with me. Just copy the warehouse.clu into the folder on your hard disk with the other BS2 required files (see here for the list of files required).
It should be on the first CD. The transition from the first to the second CD happens after Quaramonte.