[obsolete] ScummVM DS 1.0.0 beta1

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

@alexfont:
The in-game action controller, where we can choose those options "Push", "Talk To", etc. is a bit cutoff and the bottom screen. Its difficult to choose the bottom options.

The dialogue choice lines are cut a bit in the beginning of each line, probably due to rescaling.
This is question one on the FAQ. Hold the left shoulder and use the d-pad to scroll down to see the bottom of the screen. It's not possible to fit the game entirely on the screen without affecting text visibility.
Getting around with zoom image to see text better while dialogue choice are at prompt, and we can accidently choice one of the dialogues without taking the pen out.
I'm not sure what you mean by this.
Zoom image the 2nd screen doesn't have the same ration of width and height as the main screen which is a bit weird.
It is a bit wierd, yes. I chose it to be like this because it wasn't as important that text is readable on the zoomed view, since you generally read text from the bottom screen.

While talking with a pirate inside the tavern (the one in the middle bottom table) after talk with those 3 main pirates at right scene screen, I found a little bug in that screen image. I choice the first dialogue about "LeChunk" and after some dialogues the pirate head had a pixel black line all over its neck in. The line appear really fast while pirates head change his eyes and month. Don't know if this happens with pc version
This is a bug, yes. I haven't been able to find a fix for it without affecting performance, but it's on the list!
After first cut-scene about LeChunk (blueish scenario) ends, the music got stuck for about 2 seconds (looping). After that the other scene music start without problems.
The pause is just a loading delay. I could make the sound stop rather than repeating when loading, but I'm not sure it would be much better.
On Indiana Jones The Last Cruzade:

Just found one thing that may cause by rescaling. After the first fight in the ring, I couldn't choice the dialogues. Only after a bit of trial and error with the pen it assume one of it.
You probably were in hover mode. Press D-pad left to set the left mouse button again.
I didn't got much further in this test but I'll try continue testing other games.
Please carry on testing, it's always useful![/quote]
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

@InnocentBystander: I managed to work out a fix for the AGI games crashing when returning to lancher. This bug will be gone in the RC1 build, which I will post some time in the next few days.
Garcimak

Post by Garcimak »

phoenixclaws wrote: The Floppy Version of Inherit the Earth seems to work but I tried the CD/Talkie Version and all I get is a black screen.
It's partialy working, require some patience after 4' of black waiting screen you'll be able to watch the intro till the chess tournament, the dialog scene got stuck here. If you skip it you can enjoy the game up to some point.

I'm able to restore a previous save near the ferret's village and i'll keep playing to explore further.

Thanks for the update, the gamma correction is great !
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Garcimak wrote:
phoenixclaws wrote: The Floppy Version of Inherit the Earth seems to work but I tried the CD/Talkie Version and all I get is a black screen.
It's partialy working, require some patience after 4' of black waiting screen you'll be able to watch the intro till the chess tournament, the dialog scene got stuck here. If you skip it you can enjoy the game up to some point.

I'm able to restore a previous save near the ferret's village and i'll keep playing to explore further.

Thanks for the update, the gamma correction is great !
It's because of the big voices file on the CD. There are a number of posts about this. I think a couple of us even tried using 'compress_saga' but it didn't help much.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

If this is the problem, try removing the voices file (voices.rsc). The game should behave like the floppy version (i.e. no speech), but hopefully it should work
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Thanks for testing, everyone!

There's a new build here with the fix for the AGI games crashing when returning to the launcher:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=7838
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

agentq wrote:
I'd like to add Discworld support to the game for 1.0.0 but it depends mostly on how much time I get to work on it. Real life is taking up all my time at the moment!
Discworld is one of my favourite games, i beg you for the ds support! :)