Stuck on Discworld

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Tim20

Stuck on Discworld

Post by Tim20 »

Hey everyone

I'm a bit stuck on Act III of Discworld. I can't seem to enter the Palace for the second time. I already used both inkblots in Act II and I've used the Leeches from the Dibbler when I first made my way to the dungeon in Act III. But now I can't seem to enter again. Nothing in my inventory works and the guides I've checked don't seem to mention anything.

Can someone help? What am I missing?
ricksauer

Post by ricksauer »

Tim20

Post by Tim20 »

Yep. That's what I've been using. :wink: But it only gives 2 solutions: use the second inkblot (I used both in Act II) or use the Leeches, which I've already used.

I'm starting to think it's a dead-end. :cry:
Kurufinwe

Post by Kurufinwe »

Give them the bag (which held the leeches).
Tim20

Post by Tim20 »

I think I tried that. :? But I'll try it again.
Kurufinwe

Post by Kurufinwe »

It's definitely that. I can't remember on which guard you have to use it (try it on both!), but I remember hitting the same problem as you did a few years ago (and not finding the answer in the uhs file), and having to figure it out myself, so I'm completely sure the solution involves the bag.
Tim20

Post by Tim20 »

Aha! You're right that does work! :D The last I tried, I used it on the guard on the left and nothing happened. I just assumed that if it didn't work on one guard then it wouldn't work on the other.

Thanks for your help. :wink:
Tim20

Post by Tim20 »

Okay, another problem now. :roll: I'm on Act IV and I've got Mambo. According to UHS and other walkthroughs, I'm supposed to light and use the firecrackers on Mambo once I get to the Square. Unfortunately, I did that once I picked him up. Whenever I go to the Square, leave and then come back again, there's no dragon. :? How do you trigger the dragon's appearance?
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Tim20 wrote:Okay, another problem now. :roll: I'm on Act IV and I've got Mambo. According to UHS and other walkthroughs, I'm supposed to light and use the firecrackers on Mambo once I get to the Square. Unfortunately, I did that once I picked him up. Whenever I go to the Square, leave and then come back again, there's no dragon. :? How do you trigger the dragon's appearance?
This isn't really a hint forum, but yeah the ending sequence in DW1 was severely bugged, at least in the .gra version.

Once you've fed the little swamp dragon all the things you need to (3 things total I think), just toss the pie to win the game.
Tim20

Post by Tim20 »

What 3 things are those? I thought it was just a lit firecracker.
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

I'm a little uncertain but I think what you need are the firecracker and two 'pieces' of fire. Unless I've gone totally senile, I think the last time I played I used a firecracker on M16, and also used him on the dwarf forge and Nanny Ogg's fireplace.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

It's the dwarf's forge and the brazier in the palace dungeon if I remember. The fireplace might work too, dunno.
Tim20

Post by Tim20 »

Thanks guys, I'll give those a try. :)

The UHS guide, and some other walkthroughs I've checked, don't seem to be 100% complete. They say nothing about that.
Vegan

Post by Vegan »

Kurufinwe wrote:Give them the bag (which held the leeches).
I'm stuck at this part as well. I have no inkblots left, just the leeches. I try giving them the bag, but NEITHER of them will take it. I just get "That doesn't work".

I can't get into the palace, and everything else involves getting into the palace.

edit: Nevermind, I got it. Had to take the leeches out of the bag by double-clicking the bag in my inventory. I'm pretty sure the game hadn't set a precedent for THAT little technique. Sigh. What a frustrating game.