The End of the Beginning - Release Testing

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

bobdevis wrote: Anyone here that can beat it with ease? Strategies?
Find a good implementation of Ataxx and feed Stauf's moves into that? ;)

(Seriously, that's what I did when I played the game in DOSBox. Back then, GNOME Games still included this game. I don't know how good it was, though. Stauf won the first time I tried it.)
Truus999

Homungous games

Post by Truus999 »

Hi,

there is a small message on the release testing page saying that not all the levels of one of the arcade games have to be tested to "pass" the game.

My question, how many things to test in:
Arcade games: (proposal 5 levels)
Mini games packs: (proposal every game once)
Educational games: (proposal every game once)
Buzzy Bee games: (no idea whatsoever)
Simon the sorcerer puzzle pack: (no idea whatsoever)
The Manhole: (no idea whatsoever)

And would it be a good idea to make a wiki page describing what to test in these games and in multiple path games. Something along the likes of the datafiles page, but then geared toward testing.

Cheers,
René
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Homungous games

Post by LordHoto »

Truus999 wrote:there is a small message on the release testing page saying that not all the levels of one of the arcade games have to be tested to "pass" the game.
That arcarde game note is only for HE games. Thus I would guess that for Manhole (MADE) and Simon puzzle pack (AGOS) you should test everything if possible.
Truus999 wrote:And would it be a good idea to make a wiki page describing what to test in these games and in multiple path games. Something along the likes of the datafiles page, but then geared toward testing.
Personally I would think that for multi path games you should test at least one path of the game. That is at least how we handled it so far, if you test all paths it is fine too.

For Indy4 as example that means you have to make at least one playthrough for either wits, action or team path.

For the other games that might vary, a testing detail page could make sense, but we would need people to fill out proper information about the possible solutions there. Of course the game testing page should not spoil how to do it.
Last edited by LordHoto on Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truus999

Original question

Post by Truus999 »

Still waiting for someone to answer my original question. What is enough to OK the humongous arcade games

Arcade games: (proposal 5 levels)
Mini games packs: (proposal every game once)
Educational games: (proposal every game once)
Buzzy Bee games: (no idea whatsoever)

Cheers,
René
Charlii

Post by Charlii »

Finished Broken Sword 2 (Win English) with pre042931 on MacOS 10.5 (intel). Experienced one crash during the museum scene that I couldn't recreate, probably just my computer that's acting up. Otherwise no problems.

One thing I thought about when I installed the game though:
The Datafiles wiki-page says that I should copy all *.inf files, but the game only uses at most three: resource.inf, cd.inf and maybe startup.inf. My cd contains a total of 58 .inf files, and while it is obvious to me that most of them has nothing to do with the game itself (being part of an included DirectX installation, for example) it wouldn't be to a less experienced user.
Deziban

Post by Deziban »

Hi new guy and first post. I hope everything is correct.

Game: Discworld 2: Missing Presumed ...!? (CD/DOS/English (GB))
ScummVM Version: 1.1.0svn43078 (Aug 6 2009 03:36:07)
System: Intel 2 Core Duo E8400

Game plays well, no problems until the epilogue (here comes spoilers) when I speak to the Granny about the Raven and a cutscene is played I can no longer interact with the game. Everything is running, animations, sound and music but no pointer and no keyboard functions. I have tried this twice and get the same error at the same time.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Deziban wrote:Game plays well, no problems until the epilogue (here comes spoilers) when I speak to the Granny about the Raven and a cutscene is played I can no longer interact with the game. Everything is running, animations, sound and music but no pointer and no keyboard functions. I have tried this twice and get the same error at the same time.
Thanks for the testing. Please report that bug on our bugtracker though. See forum rule 3a for more information.

EDIT: It seems your are using 1.1.0svn instead of the build for release testing though.

EDIT nr. 2: I don't know where you got that binary from, but our nightly builds page links a 1.0.0pre0 version (at least judging by the link address, I don't have OS X to verify that). You should use that one for further testing.
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

I think Deziban made the same mistake I did (this thread, one page back), and just compiled the latest version posted here http://helllabs.org/scummvm/; while he should have gone for this http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/view ... z?view=tar
Jer

Post by Jer »

Hi,

I just finished Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis English CD with no problems on Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 with version 1.0.0pre043069, Intel Core 2 Quad. Great work guys.

Jer.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Jer wrote:I just finished Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis English CD with no problems on Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 with version 1.0.0pre043069, Intel Core 2 Quad. Great work guys.
Which path did you choose? You choose the path usually in the game, when Sophia asks you how to continue in Indy's office. There it's possible to choose from: "wits", "team" or "action".
Jer

Post by Jer »

LordHoto wrote:
Jer wrote:I just finished Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis English CD with no problems on Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 with version 1.0.0pre043069, Intel Core 2 Quad. Great work guys.
Which path did you choose? You choose the path usually in the game, when Sophia asks you how to continue in Indy's office. There it's possible to choose from: "wits", "team" or "action".
Sorry about that. I chose the Team path.

Jer.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble (DOS/English (GB))
AmigaOS4
ScummVM1.0.0r43140

Completable, no regressions apart from known palette bugs
Kurufinwe

Post by Kurufinwe »

I've completed Elvira 1 (Amiga, English), using ScummVM 1.0.0pre0043164, under Win XP (SP3).

I encountered three bugs, reported them as I found them, and kirben fixed them almost instantly – which is rather fantastic. :) There's still a minor graphical glitch to be taken care of in bug 2834254, but apart from that, everything works great now.
Truus999

Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise

Post by Truus999 »

Finished it and found no bugs.

ScummVM 1.0.0pre043166
WinXP with SP3
Game Dos/English

Cheers,
René
Truus999

Putt-Putt's fun pack

Post by Truus999 »

Played all mini games once and found nothing strange.

ScummVM 1.0.0pre043166
WinXP with SP3
Game Dos/English

Cheers,
René

edit: copy/paste mistake