ScummVM for N97?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Wizard Of Odd

ScummVM for N97?

Post by Wizard Of Odd »

Hi all, I got the new Nokia N97 on Friday. The current build of ScummVM does not work on it. I think it's because it's for Symbian OS v3 and the N97 runs v5 or something. Does anyone know if ScummVM will be released for N97?

Thanks!
triada

Post by triada »

ScummVM 0.13.1. works good with N97, the mouse works normally too. But some games don't work correctly.
Wizard Of Odd

Post by Wizard Of Odd »

Really? It wouldn't even install for me. I just got error messages saying it wasn't supported, and when I carried on anyway, it just failed.

Hmm..

Will have another go.
triada

Post by triada »

Try. Success! ;)
Wizard Of Odd

Post by Wizard Of Odd »

Haha, you're right. 3rd time it loaded fine. Now it works just great! Thanks :)
Wizard Of Odd

Post by Wizard Of Odd »

Hmm, now does anyone know how to 'right click' when playing on the touch screen? Monkey Island games work brilliant, as does FOTAQ, but I really want to play BASS, which needs right click.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
triada

Post by triada »

Play with BT mouse. :wink:
nifton

Post by nifton »

Hey, i got it working mega on mine, playing FT, have a lovely rouch version, you can find it knocking around on rapid share.

To answer your question about clicking, when you open the OSK (on screen keyboard) in letters mode, there is a button near the red and green h/w call buttons ike this '-*'

When you toggle that, the side the asterix is on denotes which mb you're prssing, though i like the idea of a b/t mouse :D
nifton

Post by nifton »

Oh, one more thing, would benefit from orentation options to rotate screen when the qwerty is out, this would be a god send.
nifton

Post by nifton »

OK, i'm a numpty! using the OSK, hit CTRL then '2' to flip the orientation :)
Cirrus

Post by Cirrus »

So the correct version for N97 is "Symbian S60 version 3 binary"? If the support is there now officially also, could the name be changed to Symbian S60 version 3 and 5 binary?
stracenska

Post by stracenska »

Hi, so is it possible to use the N97 keyboard to move the cursor around instead of using the touchscreen? Haven't figured it out.

Interestingly I found that the keyboard keys can be used as shortcuts for commands. Such as pressing "C" prompts the "close" command and so forth. So it seems like the directional pad could be used to move the cursor somehow since the keyboard is communicating in most other ways.
stracenska

Post by stracenska »

Okay, so I figured it out by mapping the keys, yay!
horror

Post by horror »

just tested scumm on my nokia n97, i got 7th guest to work:)
tested a bit ingame, not the best framerate,
but looks like this work pretty good
just made a video in bad quality of some ingame footage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=268J_dS3Zus
sovereign

Post by sovereign »

I'm having a little problem on my N97. I installed the software and copied Full Throttle to mass memory. As I launch ScummVM while the phone is vertical, the CP on the screen turns left. When I open the keypad, screen goes left one more time.

Actually it's hard to explain. I recorded a video but I couldn't upload it to YouTube. Then I tried dropbox but I couldn't upload there either. Finally I decided to shoot some photos:

1st
2nd
3rd

Is there a solution for this? I'd like to use the full keyboard while seeing the game in horizontal.

ps: Sorry about my poor english. I haven't used it for a while.