scummVM Channel Ultimate

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

The forwarder just boots the .dol. It has nothing to do with how scummVM actually runs after that. :shock:
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Yeah, it's just a forwarder. Like a shortcut.
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

sounds more like that "forwarder" doesnt pass the cwd to the loaded app, and then scummvm wont find the .ini file nor any runtimes files (themes, vkeybd etc).
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Strange, it works fine for me.
agentmith

Post by agentmith »

I converted today's SVN to dol, and loaded it up with the forwarded and it also doesn't load the ini file. Classic screen, no games, and doesn't remember settings between sessions. Is it trying to pull the ini file from the forwarder directory or somewhere else inappropriate perhaps?
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

It's a mystery. It's been tested by (literally) hundreds of people now with no issues.
pconvy

Post by pconvy »

Having the same problem here. Tried copying the .ini file to multiple locations to see if it would pick it up but no such luck.

Has anyone that is also experiencing this found a solution as yet?
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Are you using the official release of scummVM or a bot build? That's the only thing I can think it might be. :shock:
raschi

Post by raschi »

For me this only happens with the new nightly builds that have boot.elf instead of boot.dol.
Since the forwarder doesn't load elf files I have to convert to dol with the elf2dol tool.
The Homebrew Channel loads the new dol fine, but the forwarder doesn't.
dhewg wrote:sounds more like that "forwarder" doesnt pass the cwd to the loaded app, and then scummvm wont find the .ini file nor any runtimes files (themes, vkeybd etc).
Is this something new that has been introduced to the new builds? Because the forwarder seems to work fine with the official 0.13.1
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

raschi wrote:For me this only happens with the new nightly builds that have boot.elf instead of boot.dol.
Since the forwarder doesn't load elf files I have to convert to dol with the elf2dol tool.
The Homebrew Channel loads the new dol fine, but the forwarder doesn't.
dhewg wrote:sounds more like that "forwarder" doesnt pass the cwd to the loaded app, and then scummvm wont find the .ini file nor any runtimes files (themes, vkeybd etc).
Is this something new that has been introduced to the new builds? Because the forwarder seems to work fine with the official 0.13.1
No, thats a feature of libfat (the library used on the Wii build for SD/USB access). I don't know this forwarder, but I still think it does not pass the working directory to ScummVM. If thats indeed the case, this port will fall back to a default, which is /apps/scummvm on first FAT device. Then, you cannot rename the folder.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

The forwarder should attempt to load (in this order):
sd:\apps\scummvm\boot.dol
sd:\scummvm\boot.dol
usb:\apps\scummvm\boot.dol
usb:\scummvm\boot.dol
pankratz

Post by pankratz »

works great for me. thanks for this beautiful eyecandy!
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

I am truly glad it appreciated. scummVM is my favourite applicaton for the Wii so as soon as I figured out how to make Channels it had to be shown the love it deserves! :D
sopuli

Post by sopuli »

The loader obviously doesn't start the boot.elf. I used ELF to DOL Converter to make it a DOL, but the neither HBC nor the loader are able to run it.

Is there a conversion tool that is verified to work with ScummVM?
Mondscheinchen

Post by Mondscheinchen »

Rename the .elf to .dol :) It works perfect