Point and Click Gaming

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Pipboy

Post by Pipboy »

Nikioko wrote:
Pipboy wrote:
DrMcCoy wrote:And we provided help. That you didn't like that particular help isn't our fault.

Funny thing is i no this site is bigger but this one page has more html Warnings than my index

Like i said lets just stop it now. Ive done validation on the index and i will do on all new pages.
Do you actually know that the correct spelling of "know" is "know" and not "no"? "No" is quite another word, the opposite to "yes". And as many people won't understand the sentence because of the misspelling, there might be browsers that don't understand broken HTML. If you want to fulfill the task seriously, you have to put some more efford into it to pay off. Otherwise it is just a waste of time. Do the whole thing or Knutting Atoll.
This is why i want some people to help out. Two heads are better than one.

Also im now using an Html validator to check over each page.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

OK folks, please stop this, it's been getting *way* off-topic for this forum.
Pipboy

Post by Pipboy »

fingolfin wrote:OK folks, please stop this, it's been getting *way* off-topic for this forum.
Thank you someone talking sense at last.
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

fingolfin wrote:OK folks, please stop this, it's been getting *way* off-topic for this forum.
If criticising his page and telling him how to improve it is off topic, what is the topic, anyway?
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

It is off-topic for this forum.
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

fingolfin wrote:It is off-topic for this forum.
Well, that is true indeed. Maybe someone could move this thread to the chitchat section of the forum?
Pipboy

Post by Pipboy »

So has anyone got any ideas of how i can improve it. And i dont meen spelling or grammer. I meen what different things could i add.
Mort

Post by Mort »

My advice:
  • More content (it's rather bare)
    Don't have dead links (Monkey Island/Sam & Max)
    Organise content consistently (ie at the moment 'Loom' gives you a synopsis and 'Broken Sword 1' gives you a walkthrough)
    Better design and writing (spoken about quite extensively so far)
Overall: plan your site before you even get it to this stage - What will it do, how will it do it and who is it doing it for?

Currently I'm not sure what it's trying to achieve? Is it a walkthrough site? Is it a review site? Is it a networking site?

It looks like you wanted a website, and you've made one, but with no other aim than to just have it exist.

On a personal level I'd ditch the frames, code it better, and get some decent hosting rather than using imageshack for the graphics as a start. It's not giving off a very professional feel at the moment.
Pipboy

Post by Pipboy »

Mort wrote:My advice:
  • More content (it's rather bare)
    Don't have dead links (Monkey Island/Sam & Max)
    Organise content consistently (ie at the moment 'Loom' gives you a synopsis and 'Broken Sword 1' gives you a walkthrough)
Overall: plan your site before you even get it to this stage - What will it do, how will it do it and who is it doing it for?

Currently I'm not sure what it's trying to achieve? Is it a walkthrough site? Is it a review site? Is it a networking site?

It looks like you wanted a website, and you've made one, but with no other aim than to just have it exist.

On a personal level I'd ditch the frames, code it better, and get some decent hosting rather than using imageshack for the graphics as a start. It's not giving off a very professional feel at the moment.
More content (it's rather bare) - Im going through adding guides at the moment will prob add more stuff later. Was asking people for ideas of what i should add.

Don't have dead links (Monkey Island/Sam & Max) Yeh i will remove these now

I will add the Broken Sword info to it now.

Im not sure how i could change the design to make it look better any ideas?

Overall: plan your site before you even get it to this stage - What will it do, how will it do it and who is it doing it for? It was ment to be a site that will help and inform all fans of the point n click genre. But so far all i have managed to add is two guides im slowly adding more and more.

Currently I'm not sure what it's trying to achieve? Is it a walkthrough site? Is it a review site? Is it a networking site?Its going to have walkthrough and reviews.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Nikioko wrote:
Jonatan wrote:uhm, not trying to be negative here, but ever hear about:

www.adventuregames.com or www.mixnmojo.com ?:D
Well, mixnmojo.com just talks about LA games - a bit thin. There are so many recent point and click adventures, and none of those sites is reporting about current games.

Excuse me, what? Adventuregamers doesn't talk about current games?:p try reading again pal, it's the most comprehensive ENGLISH site on all, current and upcoming adventure games.

And mixnmojo is mentioned exactly becaus it is the most thorough information site on all things lucasarts gaming related. After all, we are on the SCUMMVm forums.
Pipboy

Post by Pipboy »

Where has this been moved to?

Edit - Oh the junkyard.
mglz

Post by mglz »

Pipboy wrote:Where has this been moved to?

Edit - Oh the junkyard.
Yes. I certainly hope you've learnt your lesson from all this. Don't ever try to do anything.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

What?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

mglz wrote:
Pipboy wrote:Where has this been moved to?

Edit - Oh the junkyard.
Yes. I certainly hope you've learnt your lesson from all this. Don't ever try to do anything.
Huh?
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

Sarcasm?