Where to get German EGA-PC-Versions of Indy 3 and Monkey 1?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

a.borque

Where to get German EGA-PC-Versions of Indy 3 and Monkey 1?

Post by a.borque »

Hello!
With the special edition of Monkey Island 1 and part five of the game approaching I got a kind of nostalgic feeling...
I want to play
Indiana Jones and the last crusade and The Secret of Monkey Island
in the versions I played when they were release and I was young:
EGA, PC-DOS, German.
Unfortunately it seems to be easier to get Zak McKracken FM-Towns than these games. Not on eBay, not in shops selling second hand games, ...
I have already been asking in various forums without success.
Does anybody know, where and how to get these?
I already bought the VGA-versions, but it's not the same...
I know, I can use command-line-switches for making VGA looking like EGA, but I want to play it with the original graphics painted for EGA (and AtariST AFAIK).

Thanks for any help!
A.Borque
Tinhead Ned

Post by Tinhead Ned »

The only recommendation you'll get around here is 'keep searching ebay and other auction sites'. You might get lucky and find a copy in a secondhand games store, but that's about it, since they're not being actively produced any more.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

And expect broken disks too. They are far beyond their expiring date by now. If you are lucky, someone might sell a backup copy on CD along with it.
a.borque

Post by a.borque »

Hello!
Thanks for the replies! Recently I bought a copy of DOTTs Floppy-version which worked fine (okay, it's about 3 years younger). But the broken disks are exactly the problem which keeps me from using my old version of Monkey and Indy...

Does anyone have adresses of good second hand game shops (in germany or at least seeling german games)? Those I found using Google were not so promising...

Thanks
A.Borque
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I don't know if it's the credit crunch or what but recently two 2nd hand shops in the town nearest to me have closed. Both had been in business for a long time. I don't know what it's like elsewhere.
I've had luck with charity shops and yard sales. It's just a case of being prepared to put the time in, and maybe coming out with nothing.
Whenever I used to ask for good places for 2nd hand games I'd always be pointed to EBay. I've never really had a good look to see if EBay has something like email alerts but it might be worth having a look. Maybe it has a tool where you can be alerted if anything with 'Monkey Island' in the title is put up for auction.
Good luck.
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

Yes ebay has saved searches that you can be notified by email when new items are listed that fit with your search.