Cydia updated with firmware 3.0 compatible version

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Cydia updated with firmware 3.0 compatible version

Post by Vinterstum »

Unfortunately firmware 3.0 had some changes that broke compatibility with earlier versions of ScummVM, meaning the updated version I had to upload is actually a development snapshot. As such, there may be some issues with it.

There's also been a fair amount of iPhone specific changes done since the last published version:

* The graphics backend has been changed from using CoreSurface to using OpenGL ES. You may notice some slowdown in the highres games like BS1 and COMI, but it should still be playable. There's still room for optimizations here though, so this should be improving fairly soon.
* The input handling has been reworked a bit, and in particular the swipes used for toggling input modes (and F5) are now a lot more reliable and easy to use.
sirskunkalot

Post by sirskunkalot »

Hi vinterstrum,

since this release is a svn-build, I thought the Disworld-Games would be enabled. But it seems that they are not (No game found).

Could you kindly post a tutorial on how one can install a svn-build from the downloads page himself? I tried, but certainly I am failing on it.

Until now I tried the following: After transferring the files into /Application/ScummVM.app, I ran 'ldid -S' on ScummVM but got an error-message while doing it from MobileTerminal. I ssh'ed into my phone and this time it ran about 2 minutes. There was no error after it finished. But unfortunately ScummVM closes right after I try to open it. Are there others steps required?

I tried with the nightly build from the 26th and am running OS 3.0.

greetings,

sirskunkalot
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

The current Cydia version has the default engines enabled, same as the normal release versions.

I just uploaded a .deb of a dev snapshot with most engines enabled: http://worldsmainorganization.org/scumm ... iphone.deb

As to why you couldn't get it running, I'm not sure. Did you rename the binary from scummvm to ScummVM?
sirskunkalot

Post by sirskunkalot »

Thank you for uploading. I tried the .deb and it worked.

Nevertheless, I did not like the fact, that I was not able to install the svn-build manually (hardly couldn't sleep that night :P). So I tried again and managed to make it work. I thought I would give a quick overview of the steps, that did it for me:

- sftp into the phone
- copy the files into /Applications/ScummVM.app (maybe deleting old files before)
- ssh into the phone as root
- cd /Applications
- chown -R root:wheel ScummVM.app
- cd ScummVM.app
- chmod 755 *
- ldid -S ScummVM

After a respring (which was automatically done, maybe by ldid?!) I could open ScummVM from SpringBoard. I ran Discworld I + II (which were not very fast, though) without problems.

hth,

sirskunkalot