monkey island on the wii cd version(audio)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

superfighter

monkey island on the wii cd version(audio)

Post by superfighter »

i know how to rip the files 01.mp3 02.mp3 etc etc to play the audio on my pc

the wii version doesnt seem to pick up the audio which is exactly in the same place the game DIR
do i have to convert them to somethink other than mp3 for the wii version
i wouldnt have thought so :?
Flo

Post by Flo »

Check that your files are named correctly, it should be "Track1.mp3" through "Track24.mp3". No spaces, no leading zeroes.
Frejd

Post by Frejd »

Hi! Im new here and I´ve followed the 3 posts here about the audio for monkey island 1 on the cd version. I have the audio file in mp3 format and named them track01.mp3 track02.mp3 and so on to track024.mp3. I´ve also put them in the same directory as the game itself ../Monkey1 . Ive also set the extra path to the game directory.

But, the only sound that is working is when you open doors, the only music that is working is the music when it changes PART and inside the Scumbar and at the fortune teller. The intro song, and the other songs are not working.

I have a wii on 3.4E, using Scummvm ver 0.13.osrm something(text is small on my old tv), using homebrew channel ver 1.01 with IOS36 v12.18

Ive played Monkey island 2 , and the music and sound seems to be working perfectly, havent gone outside scabb island yet, but im sure the rest works :)

Any help is very much appreciated! Want to be able to play these old goodies again with the nostalgic music =)

EDIT... I think the sound is working perfectly, Ive played it some more and I think I can hear all the sound effects, now its just the music.
chojin

Post by chojin »

Remove the leading zeros in the filenames:
track1.mp3, track2.mp3 and so on to track24.mp3
Frejd

Post by Frejd »

YES!!! Thank you THANK YOU! Oh why didnt I think of that!? It worked great ^^

What other version of the Money Island 1 is there ? I mean, I knew we had this verison that graphicly looks like this version, but the "give, open" and that text was green and the items in your pocket where text not pictures. Do you know what version that is?

Thanks for the previously help ! =D
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Frejd wrote: What other version of the Money Island 1 is there ? I mean, I knew we had this verison that graphicly looks like this version, but the "give, open" and that text was green and the items in your pocket where text not pictures. Do you know what version that is?
There were three versions released for the PC: The EGA (16 colours) floppy version, the VGA (256 colours) floppy versions, and the VGA CD version. There are some screenshots of different versions at The LucasArts Museum, The World of Monkey Island, and probably lots of other places.
chojin

Post by chojin »

Have a look at the (Secret of) Monkey Island pictures in the screenshots section.

Edit: Ah, too slow :)
spinal

Post by spinal »

[edit] removed.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I haven't loaded the game up in ScummVM for well over a year but I always named the tracks from 1 to 9 with a zero
track01-track24(.flac/mp3/ogg)
I've been replaying Loom PC CD version recently with it's single track named track01.flac. No problems.

I'm sure I read recently that it's OK to call them whatever you want.(zero or no zero)
Also I always put the tracks in the same folder as the game data.
You shouldn't need to use the extras option.
From what I understand an example of extras is if you use 3rd party content like glidem's Simon the Sorcerer and Discworld soundtracks.