Scummvm tools don't work in vista Command

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

flexikon

Scummvm tools don't work in vista Command

Post by flexikon »

I own an 8 gig sd card for my diamond 2, so it's not the biggest problem in the world that the scummvm games take up a lot of space. Still I'd like to compress some of the audio files for mainly curse of monkey island, the dig, samnmax, full throttle and others.....problem is i run windows vista and the programs i have to execute (like for instance: compressing monster.sou to monster.so3) won't run in command.

I get a glimpse for a milliesecond or 2 on the screen, and then it shuts down again, not having compressed any audio files. this goes for all the scumm tools which work with CMD in windows....

Is there a way to work around this? or are there any windows vista based tools out there? thanks in advance for the help...

Flexikon
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Scummvm tools don't work in vista Command

Post by LordHoto »

flexikon wrote: I get a glimpse for a milliesecond or 2 on the screen, and then it shuts down again, not having compressed any audio files. this goes for all the scumm tools which work with CMD in windows....

Is there a way to work around this? or are there any windows vista based tools out there? thanks in advance for the help...
From your description I get you tried to start them via the Windows Explorer/File Manager? That's not the proper way to do it. They should be run via the cmd.exe program (thus the command line) with appropriate parameters. For parameters the programs take you should read the README included in the tools package.
flexikon

Post by flexikon »

Sorry if i'm being a bit unclear, i'll try to be more specific this time.

In fact i have been using the cmd executable. I haven't even tried running the tools within the normal explorer window. I ran them all with cmd.exe, but it shuts down immediately after trying. the c:\scumm directory is set right, the tools are in the right folders, i even tried 3 times with the right command line to execute it but it ends up showing up for about half a second and then the window disappears again. nothing shows up in my task manager about any work being done, and I see no files being compressed or altered. the program is just not running.

maybe it's vista thing. it doesn't really run any command script anymore like dos if i'm correct, or maybe there's some settings somewhere I need to alter?

thx for the quick reply btw.

anyone?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

I'm not sure I haven't used the Windows tool for ages but back in the days you had to have the command line compression tools placed inside the ScummVM tools directory: that would be "lame" for MP3, "oggenc" for OGG/Vorbis and "flac" for FLAC and those were not bundled in the ScummVM tools package.