scummVM Channel Forwarder v2 Final by Mr_Nick666

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mr_Nick666

scummVM Channel Forwarder v2 Final by Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Video of it in action here (YouTube)

App: scummVM Forwarder (thanks to djdynamite123)
App Description: Forwards to sd:\apps\scummvm\boot.dol
Channel Name: scummVM
Channel ID: N6SC
Blocks: 10
Wii Settings: Working
SDHC Compatible: Yes
Tested by: Mr_Nick666

New icon, better sound, faster forwarder, and I shaved a whole block off it's install size.

Download: Mediafire :wink:
Badablek

Post by Badablek »

Thank you,

really nice one ;)
Ace2020Boyd

Post by Ace2020Boyd »

how do install this. cause right now i have scummvm in the homebrew channel
raschi

Post by raschi »

Thanks for this. Really nice work:)
Ace2020Boyd wrote:how do install this. cause right now i have scummvm in the homebrew channel
Create a folder called wad on the root of your sd card and put the scummvm forwarder wad file there.
Next, download wad manager 1.4 and create a new folder in your apps folder called wadmanager. Put your wad manger .dol file there and rename it to boot.dol.
Start wad manager from homebrew channel and use it to install the forwarder.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

As so often happens when you add the word "FINAL" to anything you decided to tweak things a little more! :oops: Another coder and I are currently working on an even more spiffy version of this Channel. If you're interested then watch this space! :wink:
Ace2020Boyd

Post by Ace2020Boyd »

raschi wrote:Thanks for this. Really nice work:)
Ace2020Boyd wrote:how do install this. cause right now i have scummvm in the homebrew channel
Create a folder called wad on the root of your sd card and put the scummvm forwarder wad file there.
Next, download wad manager 1.4 and create a new folder in your apps folder called wadmanager. Put your wad manger .dol file there and rename it to boot.dol.
Start wad manager from homebrew channel and use it to install the forwarder.
I got everything to work but when i go to install the wad with wad manager i get a -2011 error
raschi

Post by raschi »

Do you have a cIOS installed?
What System Menu version are you on?
Ace2020Boyd

Post by Ace2020Boyd »

raschi wrote:Do you have a cIOS installed?

i tried to install cios but nothing happened like it just restated the console and i have 4.0U with homebrew channel installed.
TheBigCW

Post by TheBigCW »

Ace2020Boyd wrote:

i tried to install cios but nothing happened like it just restated the console and i have 4.0U with homebrew channel installed.
Downgrade to 3.2U with this tutorial: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735 It also installs everything you need to install wads.
raschi

Post by raschi »

Yeah you need to do some extra hacking. I could link you to a good guide but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to.
Mods?

^heh. Nevermind:)

Although you shouldn't need to downgrade to 3.2
Ace2020Boyd

Post by Ace2020Boyd »

TheBigCW wrote:
Ace2020Boyd wrote:

Downgrade to 3.2U with this tutorial: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735 It also installs everything you need to install wads.
i guess ill try this but my only question do i have to do this step.cause i dont have any pirated channels

If it says that "you're a pirate" delete also all your VC/WiiWare pirated channels (with AnyTitle Deleter or WAD Manager), execute NandClean.dol, choose to delete "dvdx 3.4's gift" and try again
TheBigCW

Post by TheBigCW »

Ace2020Boyd wrote:
TheBigCW wrote:
Ace2020Boyd wrote:

i guess ill try this but my only question do i have to do this step.cause i dont have any pirated channels

If it says that "you're a pirate" delete also all your VC/WiiWare pirated channels (with AnyTitle Deleter or WAD Manager), execute NandClean.dol, choose to delete "dvdx 3.4's gift" and try again
Nah, you don't have to do that.
Ace2020Boyd

Post by Ace2020Boyd »

alright cool ill try it tonight and i tell you guys if it worked

well im at ios 35 but im confused do i install ios 35 but not the patched one? well i installed ios 35 but i didnt see the patched one. now i installed the ios 36 but it brought me back to the menu loadmii
buckely

Post by buckely »

download link dose not seem to be working?
Badablek

Post by Badablek »

The link WORKS for me.