Scummvm 0.13 coming to psp?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Ephaelon

Post by Ephaelon »

Do you mean the 0.14.0 from Pix2's site (http://pix.www.idnet.com/)?

Cuz that's an already compiled working PSP version of 0.14.0 and I have no idea what scummvm.elf is, heh.
albadross

Post by albadross »

Many thanks for your reply.

I did eventually find 0.14.0 by myself from the site you suggested but that was after searching the forums. I am glad to say I have this version working.

FWIW, my first instinct had been to use the official ScummVM download page, where I found at the bottom what appeared to be the latest PSP SVN version (nightly bot build).

I downloaded this, extracted all the files and that is where I found the elf file (and no eboot). All the other files appeared to be what I expected. That's why I was stuck.

Thanks again,

David
Ephaelon

Post by Ephaelon »

Ah you grabbed the nightly build. Yeah I believe then that it still needs to be compiled/converted into something that makes sense(an eboot).

I'm mostly useless and even more lazy so I just hang on the mercy and generosity of Pix2.
albadross

Post by albadross »

Yeah, I'm a 'hanger-on' as well.

It was just that I had all the latest adventures that ScummVM doesn't yet officially support running smoothly on my PC.

The first PSP version of ScummVM that supported 7th Guest was painfully slow and hard to see the cursor - hence my frustration.

And it is only Pix2's version that I can find that supports Return To Zork, Leather Goddesses 2 (yes, I'm an old Infocom fan) on the PSP together with the Discworlds.

Now I can play through some of my old favourites again when I'm away from home. :D
warpdesign

Post by warpdesign »

Do you mean the 0.14.0 from Pix2's site (http://pix.www.idnet.com/)?
Talking about this version: is LOL activated in it ?
I know it is far from being finished but on the Windows/SVN builds it is activated: you may already watch the full introduction and start moving into the castle already.

I'd loved to watch the introduction on the PSP :)
albadross

Post by albadross »

Pix2's the man!

I'm sorry but I haven't got LOL to try it out for you.
warpdesign

Post by warpdesign »

Tried it, and it wasn't working... That's why I was asking if it was disabled in the PSP builds.
Pix2

Post by Pix2 »

LOL will be included along with the Kyrandia engine but scummVM doesn't appear to detect it on the PSP. There is a problem on the PSP build with files in subdirectories not being found so it might be something to do with this but I've not looked into it.
warpdesign

Post by warpdesign »

Pix2 wrote:LOL will be included along with the Kyrandia engine but scummVM doesn't appear to detect it on the PSP. There is a problem on the PSP build with files in subdirectories not being found so it might be something to do with this but I've not looked into it.
Well, just had a quick look at the sources, ENABLE_LOL needs to be defined for LOL to be detected. I guess it is deactivated in your builds ?
If I had some time and knew how to easily setup a PSP dev environment I would to it myself...
Pix2

Post by Pix2 »

I've found it now. I'd just looked in the scummvm project build options for anything likely which is where game support is usually turned on or off. Its actually in the kyra engine options instead which makes sense in hindsight. I'll give it a go tonight and upload a new build.

Edit - I gave it a try and it now detects LOL but immediately exits scummVM the moment I select which version (language) it is. I'll hold off on uploading a new build for now.
Pix2

Post by Pix2 »

LOL is now running on PSP in the latest build if anyone wants to try it. I'll have a go at a music patch for this fairly soon - still not decided if I should use MT-32 or general MIDI yet.
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

Once more, thank you for the update Pix.

I love your builds.
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

I noticed you've been doing lots of updates on your sites.

Awesome job, man.
Pix2

Post by Pix2 »

Thanks Jinx. I wouldn't say I've done that much new for PSP in a long while but I did get the Lands of Lore soundtrack finished a few weeks back. I don't know how easy LOL is going to be to play on a PSP as its a game that benefits a lot from a mouse. I added some clunky movement controls which help but clicking the attack buttons fast enough in combat might be tricky. I went for playing it on DS instead which works well with the touch screen but I much prefer the better audio and graphics on the PSP.
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

I finally I downloaded the newest build to check Lands of Lore tomorrow.

Will report later.

PS.

There seems to be no modern theme supported in the newest SVN? A bug or simple omission? Not trying to sound like an asshole, just pointing out.