Buying games online

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

polkablues

Buying games online

Post by polkablues »

Kind of a weird question: just wondering if anyone here knows of any online stores where you can buy these games in downloadable form (as opposed to actually buying the CDs or floppies, plus packaging, plus postage, etc.). The ones I'm specifically after are the Monkey Island games, Sam and Max, Day of the Tentacle, and Gobliiins.
polkablues

Post by polkablues »

Wow... I just did some searching. Adding to my previous question, does anyone know of any good place online to even buy the actual physical products? The best I'm finding on places like Amazon is like 75 bucks for a Monkey Island 1&2 CD. :shock: I'm not looking for a collector's item, I just want to play the stupid games!
Dark-Star

Post by Dark-Star »

Did you try eBay?
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

I know this doesn't qualify as being online but I picked up a copy of Full Throttle in my local John Lewis (UK) for £2.45. So the games are still out there if you're willing to look.

Jimbob
mat69

Post by mat69 »

It depends on where you live.
I've looked in nearly every shop around here so far and I never came up against one of those great adventures.
Five years ago you could buy some of them but now ebay or even amazon - the private shops there - are your friends. I bought Sanitarium and The Dig that way lately.
BJWanlund

Post by BJWanlund »

I have one of those near me, but I dunno if he has PC games.

It's Software Seconds, the retro game shop in Columbia, SC, USA. If you live near there, please tell me! I really am strapped for a GOOD retro gaming shop in Brevard, where I'm going to college. If you know of anybody who could use a "local liason", please PM me and let me know.

BJ