Which games would you like to be supported on the future?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Collector

Post by Collector »

bobdevis wrote:Perhaps when the work on Myst and Riven is done then Lighthouse: The Dark Being may be a candidate for ScummVM support.
I suddenly remembered I have that game packed in storage somewhere and that I enjoyed it a lot at the time.
Though it only helps Windows users, you can use the new XP/Vista compatible installer for Lighthouse on http://www.squirtthecat.com/
toology

Post by toology »

Collector wrote:
bobdevis wrote:Perhaps when the work on Myst and Riven is done then Lighthouse: The Dark Being may be a candidate for ScummVM support.
I suddenly remembered I have that game packed in storage somewhere and that I enjoyed it a lot at the time.
Though it only helps Windows users, you can use the new XP/Vista compatible installer for Lighthouse on http://www.squirtthecat.com/
That guy did an excellent job, too bad he is not answering weather he will support any more games. There are a lot of games (Sierra or otherwise) that use old windows libraries and obsolete Quicktime versions. Quicktime is especially bugging since it renders it almost impossible to play games like Morpheus, X-Files and other engine similar games in Vista.
Collector

Post by Collector »

jafa has just recently setup forums for his site for people to get help and make requests. As far as the Sierra games go, he is only doing the 32 bit games. There are few 16 bit SCI games that did not come with a DOS interpreter that is is very easy to setup in DOSBox. Until there is better support for the later SCI games in ScummVM, DOSBox is the best solution. In the mean time, you can try my Sierra game DOSBox installers.
Harrypoppins

Post by Harrypoppins »

There is also Blazing Dragons 8) (PS1), which is really
fun, more Terry Pratchett also worked on this game. ^^
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

I actually think Blazing Dragons is being worked on.
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

I thought it was Terry Jones that was involved with Blazing Dragons not Terry Pratchett.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Jonatan wrote:I actually think Blazing Dragons is being worked on.
That's something new to me. Do you know who is working on it?

Eugene
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Sev: I think Hkz ordered acopy of it at least and intends to work on it if he isnt already. Then again I might be wrong:)
Harrypoppins

Post by Harrypoppins »

-Sory for Blazing Dragons, you've right ezekiel it's a story of Terry Jones, i've maked mistake because Terry Pratchett was just a consultant...

- There is also this games who're not on Scummvm:

Leisure Suit Larry 7
Freddy Farkas
Discworld 1&2
Police Quest 4
and Blade Runner, of course :D

8)
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

Although I'm not expecting it any time soon, I always imagined that the two Les Manley games would suit ScummVM's roster quite well.

I have good memories of "Search For The King", which plays quite like a Sierra game, only not by Sierra. ;-D
jimbob0i0

Post by jimbob0i0 »

Harrypoppins wrote: - There is also this games who're not on Scummvm:

Discworld 1&2

Not for long on this... the tinsel engine used by discworld 1 and 2 has been in svn since part way through 0.13, is usable to play both games to end and is in the current daily build - should be officially supported in 0.14
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

Starship Titanic would be an interesting addition. It is a graphical text adventure just like the early Space Quest games. Broken Sword 2.5 would also be cool. (Despite it being a fangame)
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

Graxer wrote:Broken Sword 2.5 would also be cool. (Despite it being a fangame)
As far as I know Broken Sword 2.5 was made using AGS, and AGS isn't likely to be supported by Scummvm because it still has active development... Would be great if Chris Jones would merge AGS with Scummvm (or would let the older engines be supported with his help).. but don't count on it...
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

SuperDre wrote:
Graxer wrote:Broken Sword 2.5 would also be cool. (Despite it being a fangame)
As far as I know Broken Sword 2.5 was made using AGS, and AGS isn't likely to be supported by Scummvm because it still has active development... Would be great if Chris Jones would merge AGS with Scummvm (or would let the older engines be supported with his help).. but don't count on it...
AFAIK, it is a propriatory engine. And we even had an offer to add it to ScummVM, just lack of 16-bits support stopped us from this. If this year GSoC will be successful, then the situation will change.

Eugene
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

marzipan wrote:Although I'm not expecting it any time soon, I always imagined that the two Les Manley games would suit ScummVM's roster quite well.

I have good memories of "Search For The King", which plays quite like a Sierra game, only not by Sierra. ;-D
Absolutely second, whereas the sequel was pure crap (mho)

And while they are on it, let them support "Altered Destiny", also from Accolade's adventure times. (I still have the Amiga versions of both games)
The atmo was breathtaking