A couple options I'd like to see implemented...

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Three-headed Monkey

A couple options I'd like to see implemented...

Post by Three-headed Monkey »

Hello,

I was wondering, what is everyone's most comfortable play setup? Personally I love to watch graphics in a pixel perfect ratio, but I also like to have all the screen under control. That's why I usually go with hardware scaled for the game screen, and 1X (not zoomed) in the upper screen. This way I get all the action under control below, and I can enjoy sharp graphics on the upper one.

Do you think a "zoomed screen at fixed 100% zoom" (that is, fixed 1x instead of 2x) button could be implemented in the upcoming releases?

Another thing. I love the hoover mode so far. But sometimes if I don't press enough with the stylus, pressing Y or A (yeah, I'm lefty - thank you so much for thinking to us too!!) brings back the normal control setup, so I have to press X again to go revert to hover mode. Do you think a button "fixed hover mode" would be possible to implement? (= negates the use of Y or A as long as screen isn't touched)
Bowen747x

Post by Bowen747x »

my most preferred way would be to have the top screen in the fixxed position, while the bottom screen is zoomed in. i just with that we could scroll with the stylus when doing this.
InnocentBystander

Post by InnocentBystander »

Maybe I'm nuts, but could we have an option to shut the top screen off entirely? I find it distracting, and I haven't really had a need for it in the games I've got on my DS.
tomten

Post by tomten »

InnocentBystander wrote:Maybe I'm nuts, but could we have an option to shut the top screen off entirely? I find it distracting, and I haven't really had a need for it in the games I've got on my DS.
You're not nuts. You just didn't search!
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4376
InnocentBystander

Post by InnocentBystander »

tomten wrote:You're not nuts. You just didn't search!
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4376
Well, all that says is some guy made it for his own personal build. I'd still like to see the option included in the official releases.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

It looks like I'm going to have to do this, since plenty of people have asked for it.

Gotta go with the wisdom of the crowd!
tomten

Post by tomten »

agentq wrote:It looks like I'm going to have to do this, since plenty of people have asked for it.

Just wait until we start making requests for things to show on the top screen instead of just a black screen. ;]
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

agentq wrote:It looks like I'm going to have to do this, since plenty of people have asked for it.

Oh great. Time spent on implementing this means less time spent on getting slot2 extraRAM pack support.
Have you given up on that agentq?

Nintendo DS + ScummVM = sickest handheld ever
Slot 1: Cyclo DS Evolution w/ 2GB SanDisk µSD card
Slot 2: EZFlash 3in1 (if only ScummVM supported Extra RAM)
(I'll just use it once Bowen) :)
Bowen747x

Post by Bowen747x »

lol thanks! thats ok too i dont mind if you use that :P anyway i agree this is time wasted but then again it might be OK if it saves on the battery.

also i believe slot 2 support has been given up on (according to clem) he says the slot 2 is worthless as it wouldnt be enough memory to get games like full throttle or circle of blood anyway. :roll:
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I wouldn't believe that. There's a ton of ram - 32Mb is much more than the 8Mb that Full Throttle or Broken Sword used.

Of course, Broken Sword has the extra problem of the 640x480 resolution to deal with. That's what makes that one tricky.

But don't lose hope with the extra RAM stuff, I definately haven't given up on it. In fact, I may have some news for you pretty soon...
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

@Red_Breast: you might be interested in this:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=7044
Ingo

Re: A couple options I'd like to see implemented...

Post by Ingo »

Three-headed Monkey wrote:Another thing. I love the hoover mode so far. But sometimes if I don't press enough with the stylus, pressing Y or A (yeah, I'm lefty - thank you so much for thinking to us too!!) brings back the normal control setup, so I have to press X again to go revert to hover mode. Do you think a button "fixed hover mode" would be possible to implement? (= negates the use of Y or A as long as screen isn't touched)
I would also like to see this. I always play with the mouse in hover mode, and every now and then I have to press D-Pad UP when I accidentally activate right click/left click mode. This would also get rid of that mouse icon that covers a lot of the lower screen.
ajaxv1

Post by ajaxv1 »

just a thought for another feature
have an option to change the "zoomed" screen to a split screen
what i mean is that instead of the whole screen crammed into the bottom
you put half in top and half in bottom
if you need to press the top screen just flip the view

would that help solve the resolution pprob with games like broken sword mi3 etc?