Just got Space Quest Collection

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

EugeneE

Just got Space Quest Collection

Post by EugeneE »

About 2 weeks ago, I went to the local discount store called Big Lots and look at their computer game section and I found copies of The Space Quest Collection for $6.

I snatched it up right away. I'm a big fan of classic games and I love the Sierra games. Own Kings Quest Collection, Police Quest collection, Manhunter: New York, Dagger of Amon Ra, etc. And now I own Space Quest Collection.

Now, I only need to get Leisure Suit Larry collection.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Congrats! I'm kinda bummed that the latest Space Quest Collection doesn't contain the AGI version of Space Quest 1, but it's great that they released those games one more time.
SuperDre

Re: Just got Space Quest Collection

Post by SuperDre »

EugeneE wrote:Now, I only need to get Leisure Suit Larry collection.
Be carefull with the 'new' LSL collection because it doesn't contain all the games, and it doesn't even contain the talkie versions. You're better of getting the original LSL collection which did have the talkieversion, BUT that one is almost impossible to get..
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

SuperDre wrote: Be carefull with the 'new' LSL collection because it doesn't contain all the games, and it doesn't even contain the talkie versions. You're better of getting the original LSL collection which did have the talkieversion, BUT that one is almost impossible to get..
Al Lowe has a list of various Leisure Suit Larry collections on his page. I don't know how complete it is, though. (And neither does he, it seems.)
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
SuperDre wrote: Be carefull with the 'new' LSL collection because it doesn't contain all the games, and it doesn't even contain the talkie versions. You're better of getting the original LSL collection which did have the talkieversion, BUT that one is almost impossible to get..
Al Lowe has a list of various Leisure Suit Larry collections on his page. I don't know how complete it is, though. (And neither does he, it seems.)
As you can see on his site, the current version you can buy in store misses the talkie version of 6, no original version and ega remake of version 1(only VGA)..
so the best collection to get is: LSL’s Ultimate Pleasure Pack, or else the second pack, but means you must get LSL7 separate somewhere... Just stay the hell away from the last collection.........
Collector

Post by Collector »

The best way is to get the games individually. The Ultimate Pleasure Pack goes for very high prices ($80-$90). In fact, the cheapest way is to get the new collection (around $10 - $15) and buy the other three games separately. There is currently a copy of the talkie version of 6 with a "Buy it now" option for $1.40, a copy of 7 for $7.00 and 1 AGI at $0.99 with 0 bids and a couple of days left. It may go up some with that much time left, but it usually does not go for all that much. There is even a copy of Leisure Suit Larry's Greatest Hits and Misses! at $0.99 with only a few hours left. Granted, the LSL6 and LSL7 do not include boxes, but if you only want the games it is a good way.