WHAT GRAPHIC SHALL I USE ON MONKEY ISLAND

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Harry

WHAT GRAPHIC SHALL I USE ON MONKEY ISLAND

Post by Harry »

on scumm's opitions you can alter the graphics, at the moment i have it on default, but what difference will it make if i change?
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

THE DIFFERENCE IS, EVERYTHING WILL BE WRITTEN IN CAPITALIZED LETTERS AND IT WILL SEEM LIKE THE CHARACTERS ARE SCREAMING AT YOU!

No, but seriously, try the Readme sometime?

The different filters will allow you to upscale the graphics to higher resolutions applying different methods of pixelsmoothing.
Freddo

Re: WHAT GRAPHIC SHALL I USE ON MONKEY ISLAND

Post by Freddo »

Harry wrote:on scumm's opitions you can alter the graphics, at the moment i have it on default, but what difference will it make if i change?
Why not change it and see for yourself?
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

Well, I personally prefer 3x without any anti aliasing, but I heard that HQ should look very pretty.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

He might be talking about the different graphic drivers like Amiga, EGA, VGA, CGA, Hercules Monochrome, etc.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

well, he can try those out as well.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

MusicallyInspired wrote:He might be talking about the different graphic drivers like Amiga, EGA, VGA, CGA, Hercules Monochrome, etc.
For the games where they make any difference at all, it should be pretty noticeable. (Except maybe for Amiga which, if memory serves me, simply adjusts the palette slightly for some 16-colour games.)
MusicallyInspired

Amiga actually also screws up the palette of the VGA Disk version of SOMI making a very interesting experience.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

MusicallyInspired wrote:Amiga actually also screws up the palette of the VGA Disk version of SOMI making a very interesting experience.
Are you sure you're not thinking of the platform setting, rather than the render mode setting? (In the PC CD version of SOMI, choosing Amiga as platform will also break the drawing of the actors.)
MusicallyInspired

Yes, that's what I said/meant.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

MusicallyInspired wrote:Yes, that's what I said/meant.
Ah. Well, I was talking about the render modes (CGA, EGA, etc.), not the platform. "Amiga" is a valid choice in both.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
MusicallyInspired wrote:Yes, that's what I said/meant.
Ah. Well, I was talking about the render modes (CGA, EGA, etc.), not the platform. "Amiga" is a valid choice in both.
Me too:)
MusicallyInspired

I was talking about the graphic modes which I stated in an earlier post as a possibility he might be talking about.
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

Well it seems the caps in title are working.
Such a simple question and look at all the responses :P
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

MusicallyInspired wrote:I was talking about the graphic modes which I stated in an earlier post as a possibility he might be talking about.
But the Amiga graphics mode doesn't make any difference for my VGA floppy version of The Secret of Monkey Island, as far as I can tell. Setting the platform to Amiga does however mess up the palette in amusing ways.