Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - Music mp3

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

nicefella

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - Music mp3

Post by nicefella »

I ripped all the music from the discs to my hdd like was said in the readme file so I could play the game on my mobile phone using non-midi music but I cant get it to work. I tried to name all the files with track1, track2, track3 etc. and to place them to the game folder but the game still plays midi background music. Talking sounds work properly though. I know this section is not for the mobile version but I cant get it to work on PC scummvm either. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I ripped all the music from the discs to my hdd...
You did not. There is no digital music from Fate of Atlantis. Only MIDI. Rule #0, I think...
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

I stand corrected:)

Bit too much vodka last night I'm afraid.
Last edited by Longcat on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyphox

Post by Cyphox »

???

The FM-Towns version doesn't use Audiotracks, no version does cause FOA uses iMuse.
nicefella

Post by nicefella »

MusicallyInspired wrote:
You did not. There is no digital music from Fate of Atlantis. Only MIDI. Rule #0, I think...
Yes there is. Two soundtrack discs which came with the game itself. That rule #0 insulting really goes over the hedge, you need photographs of the discs? I was just wondering if it was possible to use these audio tracks instead of midi. kthx
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

No, it is not possible.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

nicefella wrote: Yes there is. Two soundtrack discs which came with the game itself. That rule #0 insulting really goes over the hedge, you need photographs of the discs? I was just wondering if it was possible to use these audio tracks instead of midi. kthx
I've never heard of any such release, though there have been a few fan-made recordings, as noted in this thread on the QuestStudios forum. If the covers look like the ones on this page, they're "unofficial/fan-made". Of course, someone selling a legitimate copy of the game could very well have included the fan-made soundtrack as a bonus. Or I could be completely wrong about the whole thing.

Anyway, to get back to the original question: There's no way to replace the MIDI/AdLib soundtrack with pre-recorded music, because iMUSE does so much more than simply playing a tune from start to finish.
MusicallyInspired

nicefella wrote:
MusicallyInspired wrote:
Yes there is. Two soundtrack discs which came with the game itself. That rule #0 insulting really goes over the hedge, you need photographs of the discs? I was just wondering if it was possible to use these audio tracks instead of midi. kthx
Yeah, I'd like to see a picture.
MusicallyInspired

I'd still like to see a photo of these discs if you can manage it as I'm very interested to see what they looked like if LA actually bundled one of their Fate of Atlantis games with the soundtrack as well.
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

MusicallyInspired wrote:I'd still like to see a photo of these discs if you can manage it as I'm very interested to see what they looked like if LA actually bundled one of their Fate of Atlantis games with the soundtrack as well.
It's very easy, the two-disc soundtrack was done by Kenneth L. Simonsen, and hosted on my very own site. The disc covers were done by me, and I assume that's what the threadstarter owns (and claims/thinks to be an official release). There's never been an official release of the soundtrack.
MusicallyInspired

Thanks, that's what I was wondering. Do you have a link to the graphics you made?
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

The links to the covers are at the bottom of that site.
MusicallyInspired

Ah, sorry didn't see the link there. Nice!
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

This soundtrack is a really good work. Is this similar to the ScummVM Enhanced Music project? I think it would be a pleasure listening to it while playing the game. Though there are tracks mising for the part on Thera and in Algiers.
BeleG

Post by BeleG »

I think that Fate of Atlantis already uses the iMUSE technology, so it would be impossible to implement any other music in the game than the original midi files.