Bluetooth Mouse support (hinkka)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Good thing is that I can kind of debug this on target. Mouse on a 6120. Nice thought :-) At least the integration is very nice, but a little bit more documentation would help. :-)

I'm getting a Microsoft 5000 bluetooth laptop mouse. At least some MS BT mice has been reported to work properly.

And added BT keyboard support for 5800 express music users is also an extra bonus.

Also the BT config needs a folder called HidConfig in the root of the memorycard (E:).
darknova

Post by darknova »

Definitely test your new BT mouse with one of the Quake ports. I first bought a Kensington BT mouse which was detected by the setup program fine but would not work in Quake. I returned it for the HP mouse I have now and it works fine.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

It might be depending on the events coming from the device it self, those are handled by quake and not the driver.

Also if you are using a BT keyboard with quake, you will be using a finish layout. Actually default layout is specified to an english variant, and then you need to map those to a specific locale. Thats not done with the quake ports.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Got my BT mouse today, my test app connects properly, but events are not beeing received as I expect. I will continue investigation when I have some more time over.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

And it works NOW! Yess.. very nice. .takes a couple of seconds after starting before you can use your mouse.. But then it works.. like I think it should..left.. right. hmm Really really nice. :-D
darknova

Post by darknova »

You are the man Anotherguest. Very cool to hear. Did it make its way in to a new build?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Not the 0.13.0 build I'm afraid so you have to make do with the svn build until the 0.13.1 is released.
triada

Post by triada »

My mouse won’t work on 0.13.0 build. How can I get the right panel with letters, pointers and figures out of the screen?

The picture looked much better on the screen of E90 on 0.12.0 build!

Is it possible to bind mouse HID support to 0.12.0 build?

:roll:
darknova

Post by darknova »

Hi,
Does the current pre0_13_0 SVN build on your site support the mouse? I've tried it and while the build does seem to be different (default orientation seems to be 'backwards') my mouse doesn't work. It still flashes like it's connecting but neither the movement or mouse buttons work. I also tried waiting a few minutes with no luck.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi! No.. I only did a new SVN (latest trunk) build for the mouse support (since it was pretty late last night)..
Please READ the update SVN Build topic for the latest build with the mouse support. And yes I know that you really don't need the virtual keyboard on the E90. Still .. its also S60. :-)
triada

Post by triada »

Is it possible to bind mouse HID support to 0.12.0 build?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

triada wrote:Is it possible to bind mouse HID support to 0.12.0 build?
Experimental features are not (usually) added to stable versions
triada

Post by triada »

Do you intend to bind mouse HID support to 0.13.0 build?
Will it work on this build?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

A 0.13.1 build is coming along, it will be included in that release
triada

Post by triada »

COuld you please be so kind to bind mouse HID support to 0.12.0 build?
If you do it I would like to pay for this particular service if you don't mind.