Bluetooth Mouse support (hinkka)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

You could try with the latest pre0.13.0 build. Might be a cap missing. But I really don't know.
triada

Post by triada »

Did you integrate mouse HID support in pre0.13.0 build?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Yes! But its totally untested since binaries was for phone only. Mouse and keyboard support with some basic mappings for the keyboard (layout is for swedish/finish keyboard, due to the fact that Hinka is finish :-) )
triada

Post by triada »

I tried, but the mouse won’t work! Where in options should it be switched on? How to get out unnecessary virtual keyboard which is on the right? I don’t need it
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

No special options, if it works with quake it should work with ScummVM. (hopefully). But there might be missing caps, and then it wont work at all.
triada

Post by triada »

Where do missing caps come in??? I’m saying about the mouse!Image
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Program rights in ScummVM to be able to use bluetooth. That is program capabilities (CAPS) in Symbian terms. I might not have the program rights to use the plugin in, and thus the mouse is not working.
0AzK0

Post by 0AzK0 »

But then can you make unsigned version, which people can sign with the developer sertificate(obtained from opda)?

Or maybe there will be enough capatabilities with signing through the internet?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Enough capabilities is given without any extra signing. I just need to figure out the caps thats is needed. Not that easy with binaries that only run on target and no real documentation. (Not even any good one in Quake for any requirements. But implementation was very easy)
darknova

Post by darknova »

It's not working for me either. Usually when I boot up Quake I see my mouse light up as it makes the connection. I am not seeing this with the latest pre0.13.0 build of SCUMMVM.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

You can always try the caps off tools. I will debug it on my 6120 today, just to see if I can create the class or not.
darknova

Post by darknova »

I tried it with CAPS off and now my mouse does flash (like it's making a connection) when SCUMMVM starts but it still does not control the cursor.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Aha but thats a good step then. Control is not as easy as 1,2,3, your mouse is sending movement offsets, and I don't know show well thats handled. Tested it on my 6120 with a trial version of HID mouse for nokia 3650. At least I could select a device. It seems like everything is ok on an app level, but without the right caps bluetooth will not be intialized.

You can always try to left and right click with your mouse. Even if movement does not work correctly, clicking perhaps does (thats much more simpler)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

And hopefully I will get a MS BT Mouse on monday!
darknova

Post by darknova »

Hi, I just tried the mouse buttons and they do not work either (at least in the main menu). The mouse still looks like it initiates though with CAPS off which is good. Thank you for your work on this.