g1

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

GLOCKCOMMA211

g1

Post by GLOCKCOMMA211 »

u made a app for the g1 but cann't find any info on your website to help with scummvm on g1 u need to some help info if u already have the app out not everybody a nerd
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

not everybody a literate either, it would seem:P
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

haha!

Seriously though, the port isnt official yet,if you cant find it then you should probably just try again when its been announced officially.
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

Whenever someone makes a post like this I keep in mind it may be a non native English speaker. Calling him illiterate then is not rly nice then.
You try speaking Armenian, Georgian or whatever.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Not being a native englishspeaker is not really much of an excuse for writing abbreviations or leaving out punctuation marks and capitalized letters:P

And FYI, I AM a non-native english speaker.
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

In my experience it's more common that it's a native speaker write like that, than a non-native.

Non-natives do their best to be understood by others while using a foreign language, while the natives are comfortable with the "1337 speak" variant of their language.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Well, that sucks for them then. Of course I use slang in my native language, but if I wrote like he did it would still hardly be easy to understand and look like it was written by a child.
Collector

Post by Collector »

That style is not one of someone who is barely able to speak English, but that of a kid using texting shortcuts. I am extremely tolerant of someone struggling with a second language, but have little patience with this nonsense.

Posting like that is just plain rude. Not only is it irritating for native English speakers, but on a board like this, where many, if not most of the members are non-native English speakers who may struggle to even understand it, it is inconsiderate.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

The boy is from Kansas, USA. So that's indeed a native. 8)

Eugene
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

Collector wrote:Posting like that is just plain rude. Not only is it irritating for native English speakers, but on a board like this, where many, if not most of the members are non-native English speakers who may struggle to even understand it, it is inconsiderate.
Yep, very much agree on that it's rude and inconsiderate.
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

sev wrote:The boy is from Kansas, USA. So that's indeed a native. 8)
Oh well... In that case it's pretty clear, yes.
Otherwise I would still be doubtful. I had this Saturday job at a huge gas station pretty much right next to Schiphol International airport. I can tell you I've seen every type of moron around. Most mean well, but gibberish I got thrown at me at times was... well... interesting....
That job made me firmly believe humanity as a whole did not evolve one bit the last 6000 years or so :)

I guess Kansas cowboy can go read that other 1G thread that keeps getting bumped atm...
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

Is a G1 in Kansas like a ferrari in ethiopia?
EanF

Post by EanF »

While I agree completely with your sentiments regarding spelling and grammar, it would've been nice if someone could've answered the question (even if it ony take one google search to find the answer)

For anyone else who finds this:

You have to extract the game files into the root of the SD card (i.e. not in a folder) then select sdcard from the file loader.
badbob001

Post by badbob001 »

EanF wrote:You have to extract the game files into the root of the SD card (i.e. not in a folder) then select sdcard from the file loader.
I had no problems putting my games in a subfolder on the sdcard: eg: \sd card\games\kq1\. The tricky part is that I can't click the scrollbar arrows to scroll the folder list and the G1 doesn't have a dpad. Workaround is to use the keyboard to press the first letter of the folder you want to go to and the selection will jump to that item.
sblaise84
Got a warning

Post by sblaise84 »

badbob001 wrote:
EanF wrote:You have to extract the game files into the root of the SD card (i.e. not in a folder) then select sdcard from the file loader.
I had no problems putting my games in a subfolder on the sdcard: eg: \sd card\games\kq1\. The tricky part is that I can't click the scrollbar arrows to scroll the folder list and the G1 doesn't have a dpad. Workaround is to use the keyboard to press the first letter of the folder you want to go to and the selection will jump to that item.

I had a little trouble also, just use the edge of ur (your) thumb and click the middle of the scrollbar to make it move down. Then I hit enter on my keyboard to go into the sd folder (since I have subfolders with the game in them)