Pre-0.13.0 builds

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

warboss

Post by warboss »

uhm uhm thx now i can save :D

btw: is there a way to disable the virtual keyboard to play on the large screen? ^^
fisken uno

Post by fisken uno »

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but cursor movement on my 5320 (old-school non-touchscreen) won't work in these latest builds (not the 090218 build). I guess it's obvious since I see that these bugs, that prevent touchscreen from working properly, are viciously being hunted down. ;) Just thought I'd point it out :)

Just out of curiousity, are there going to be special builds for touchscreen phones?

Btw, sorry for being impatient but since FreeSCI was implemented it's really exciting to watch the work on the engine progress each day.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Focus problem probably. Try task away from scummvm and then back again.
Metatron

Problems with pad movement

Post by Metatron »

Great work from me too =)

However, I have tried it on the Nokia N-95 and it has some problems with the cursor. After i set the J for the pad movement it still has "lag" and the cursor moves after I press the green button multiple times.

I have tried The 7th Guest, which works great too, but the movement lag exists even in the in-game videos+movement.

Thanks in advance for the help =)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Depending on the version you got (should be latest uploaded pre0.13.0version) focus handling might be wrong. try task swapping to applications and then back to ScummVM again. lag on screen like T7g is normal , since that is running in VGA and is taking lots of cpu.
warboss

Post by warboss »

is there a way to disable the virtaul keyboard if i dont need it? :o
breakthru

Post by breakthru »

Just downloaded the latest build and tried it on my 5800 (w/ v20 firmware). It works pretty well :) Still needs a bit ironing out but games are actually very, very playable (probably completable too).

I tried Monkey 1 & 2. Audio is perfectly good (midi version for Monkey 1). I didn't change any of the audio settings so I assume the sampling rate is automatically set to 22khz. Still not a single hickup with the audio!

The background tends to shake when there is motion on the upmost layer on the screen, but it's barely noticeable. So video while not seamless, is still pretty good...

The biggest problem is still about screen rotation. ScummVM starts with the video/game area in landscape mode, and the keyboard in portrait mode. When I rotate the phone this time the game area rotates left (upside down when you think of the phone in portrait mode) and the keyboard to the landscape position. Also the screen loses all touch functions when rotated to landscape. Maybe all auto-rotate features must be turned off and rotation should be managed via the hot-keys...
bojzi

Post by bojzi »

breakthru wrote:The biggest problem is still about screen rotation. ScummVM starts with the video/game area in landscape mode, and the keyboard in portrait mode. When I rotate the phone this time the game area rotates left (upside down when you think of the phone in portrait mode) and the keyboard to the landscape position. Also the screen loses all touch functions when rotated to landscape. Maybe all auto-rotate features must be turned off and rotation should be managed via the hot-keys...
Really?

I had those problems also, but with the latest build everything's fixed for me. How do you rotate the screen? CTRL + 2?

I've used CTRL + 2, quit ScummVM and then fired it up again and that setting is the default setting now.

Also, after rotating it by means od CTRL + 2, ScummVM works in landscape and portrait mode equally good.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Reason for this rotating stuff is because most current S60v3 phones does not have a sensor, and their screen resolution is 240x320, so they work best with landscape as default, and this is also what is set.

So CTRL+2 will set the mode to portrait, and I think this is what fits the 5800 best (and E90 for example).

Perhaps I should save screensettings each time you change that, so you can keep that settings if it crashes. Exiting normally will always save the current screen setting.
breakthru

Post by breakthru »

No, it was completely my bad :)

I rotated the screen using ctrl+2 and then rotated the phone to a landscape position and... all is well now :)

And the touchscreen losing touch functions when you rotate the screen using ctrl+2? Well, that's what happens when you leave CTRL on :)

And the shaky background problem seems to have disappeared with the now correctly aligned screen and virtual keyboard.

I'll try out the talkie games in the evening and report back...
bojzi

Post by bojzi »

breakthru wrote:I'll try out the talkie games in the evening and report back...
DoTT and Sam and Max talkies work great! :)

I'm copying Discworld, Woodruff, Broken Sword 1 and Indy 4 to the phone to test 'em out. ^^

EDIT:
Woodruff and Broken Sword 1 are VGA games and therefore without the virtual keyboard.
Indy 4 and Discworld work great.

To use the menu in Discworld the player has to first press * (to enter the save menu) and then # (to enter the regular menu).
fisken uno

Post by fisken uno »

Anotherguest wrote:Focus problem probably. Try task away from scummvm and then back again.
Yup, it worked. Now it won't detect SCI games though. ;) Not that I was expecting them to work much better now but still :)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

SCI is not supported by the 0.13.0 release, only by the trunk version.
breakthru

Post by breakthru »

For VGA games *for now* I guess a Virtual Key solution might do the trick. I tried Broken Sword 1 and it looks AMAZING on 5800XM's screen. If only I could map the # and * keys to the volume keys which are inactive anyway in ScummVM. And maybe even space bar to the camera key
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Perhapds media keys (or what it is name) application will allow you to map the media keys. Would be a posibility. I really must work on a virtual keyboard for VGA games, I'm thinking about a solution where you have a small strip to the right or left of the screen for basic keys, and the ability to launch a larger virtual keyboard also. Have n't had the time to do that quite yet though.