Do not fall into Double Trouble!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

Do not fall into Double Trouble!

Post by sev »

You're a pizza delivery boy and you're in trouble. Now it is your goal to stop Dick Tate, before the whole world is filled with his evil clones!

Now you can follow this funny story with ScummVM. We recently added support for Bud Tucker in Double Trouble and as usual you're encouraged to playtest it with a daily build, report all encountered bugs to our bug tracker and submit some nice screenshots.
Mim

Post by Mim »

MD5 checksum for Czech version:
"infobar.txt", "e548994877ff31ca304f6352ce022a8e", 497
perwel2

Post by perwel2 »

error in spanish version

the text has a black line over it!
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Guys, the engine maintainer very rarely looks at the forums. So, please, if possible submit these bugs to our tracker as mentioned in the initial post.

Eugene
invwar

Post by invwar »

@perwel2: This is a bug because of your charset.pcx. You should include it to your bug report.
perwel2

Post by perwel2 »

I had opened charset.pcx ... and this is it!
it seems to be good...
marc_max

Post by marc_max »

Thanks for adding support for this game.
I always wondered if someone apart from me knew about it!
The spanish version runs very well, there are still some minor graphic glitches, but I can live with that :)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

marc_max wrote:Thanks for adding support for this game.
The spanish version runs very well, there are still some minor graphic glitches, but I can live with that :)
Can you be a bit more specific? What kind of glitches? Where/when do they occur?
marc_max

Post by marc_max »

md5 wrote:
marc_max wrote:Thanks for adding support for this game.
Can you be a bit more specific? What kind of glitches? Where/when do they occur?
The first video plays with bad colors (where some gears appear spinning and it shows the main characters).
And the other thing I saw is when you try to use any item. Let's take a look on this image:
It should say "Usar cerillas con puerta del hotel".
Maybe this one already occured on the original version, but I can't remember now.
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

Anyone aware of a place to purchase this game?
prefix

hard to find

Post by prefix »

As far as i know this game is out of print, so it'll be very hard to find a copy, if you do find one though, snatch it up :)

Some places to look:

http://gametz.com/Games/PC/Bud+Tucker+i ... ouble.html

Or Ebay :)

----------------

I'm almost at the end of this game now, i'm playing the English version, still alot of bugs to work out but the game is definately completable, i'm reporting bugs as i progress in the game, i've gotten alot of them up on sourceforge and i'm hoping to see them fixed soon, i know two of them has been fixed and i was very happy to see Tate wasn't standing inside his own Manor entrance watching as you spoke to his bodyguard anymore :p

Thanks to the ScummVM team for taking one of my old time favourites and making it playable once again :)