Pre-0.13.0 builds

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

goetz

Post by goetz »

In game option menu works now. Thanks, well done! :)

- Goetz
fisken uno

Post by fisken uno »

This build does, judging from some quick playing around, seem quite stable on my 5320 XpressMusic phone. Might point out that this phone needs the 11 kHz audio fix in order to avoid audio stuttering.

SCI support is pretty much nonexistent however, but I guess that was to be expected. This build must've been compiled from yesterday's code (EDIT: Correction, it seems to be compiled from the 13 feb build) because yesterday I couldn't get ScummVM to recognize ANY SCI games with the daily build, but with today's daily build I've noticed remarkable improvements in that area. Some games are even quite playable! On my phone, however, I can't get it to recognize any of the games I've tried. It's a shame because it would've been thrilling just to watch an intro on the small display ;)

All in all, two thumbs up for the entire ScummVM team. I've been hoping to see a merge with FreeSCI for a loooong time and now it's not just an April's fools ;) And a special thank you to you, Anotherguest, for the wonderful Symbian port :)

EDIT: Doh, just noticed there is a feb 18th build as well. Sorry. Tried it and it does detect and recognize the games but crashes pretty much immediately. Not that I expected more ;) Keep up the good work!
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi!
I have now uploaded a new S60v3 build. I want to know if it crashes on a 5800 or not, or if I have made some other mistake.

Virtual keyboard should not be visible on screen.
bojzi

Post by bojzi »

Thank you for the new version.

It's not crashing any more, not even when rotating the screen.

But it's not really usable because it doesn't register clicks on the screen. Actually, it registers the click but I have to rotate the phone to get a response.
For example - I tap on Add game... and nothing happens and then I rotate the screen so that it "refreshes" and I get the dialog to add a new game. After that I have to rotate it again, click and rotate once again to get another response.

That, and the screen rotation is still false. When holding the phone in landscape mode, ScummVM is facing with the bottom to the left and by rotating it, it's facing with the bottom to the top.

Hope this feedback helps, thank you again for the hard work. ^^
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

:-) Ok then I know whats the fault then. :-)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Ok! New version uploaded which should update the screen properly. Or at least I hope so
bojzi

Post by bojzi »

Great!

It's not crashing and works good now! Also got the audio to work OK by setting it to 8kHz.

I suppose that by getting the virtual keyboard working, we'll be able to get around other problems like the wrong screen orientation and the inability to enter codes and menus to save and load.

Thanks! :D
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Both UIQ3 and S60v3 versions updated now.
Is it still working on the 5800 and if so how does it sound?
warboss

Post by warboss »

Anotherguest wrote:Both UIQ3 and S60v3 versions updated now.
meow i installed it and it doesnt start now - on my 5800 :(
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Remember to check the complation warnings when building. I think I found the problem of the virtual keyboard.
Still there is one small thing to fix.
bojzi

Post by bojzi »

Anotherguest wrote:Both UIQ3 and S60v3 versions updated now.
Wow!

It's working splendid! And with the virtual keyboard, to boot! :D

Everything's working great, tried it with DoTT, Sam and Max and Monkey Island 2. The audio's working great now too, no stuttering at all (tried it with 8, 22 and 48 kHz).

The only thing that's left for this release to be perfect is to autorotate the screen at startup. As is it now, I have to do the CTRL+2 combination every time I start it up so that the screen rotates to the right position.

I'm going to test this with some more games, but, for now, I'm really impressed with your port, thank you once again! :D
warboss

Post by warboss »

wahh installed it aain and it works now !!! woho :DDDDDD
warboss

Post by warboss »

question: how to open the menu when im ingame ???

thx in advance :D

btw: gr8 work :mrgreen:
bojzi

Post by bojzi »

warboss wrote:question: how to open the menu when im ingame ???

thx in advance :D

btw: gr8 work :mrgreen:
First post in this, SymbianOS Port, subforum or here's the direct link: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=6390
bojzi

Post by bojzi »

One more thing, COMI works too! :)

The only bad thing is that the virtual keyboard isn't working when playing.

Oh, and just noticed now... Looks like that if I exit the game properly (by using Quit), ScummVM remembers my screen rotation option. ^^