discworld 2 problem

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

discworld 2 problem

Post by PsYcO »

hi guys, im back, a friend recently told me that you guys added discworld to your ever growing collections of games. anyway i tried discworld 2 and it said it said it coudn't be found, it appears you guys need this information to further complete your db, now im not sure if if i should post this in your bug tracker or not. so here it goes.

its an english version, but i cant find the version number. advise please.

i tried copy and pasting it but it wouldn't work, so i felt this was the most accurate way to report the discrepancy.

thanks
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Discworld support is currently disabled in the daily builds because of release preparations (since the upcoming release will not feature Discworld support).
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

alright, im confuced the daily build plays discworld 1... i literally just downloaded the SVN a few hours ago. will it be enabled in 0.15.0?

EDIT: i confuced my self, the upcomming release is 0.13.0 correct?.. so 0.14.0 it will be enabled?
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

The upcoming release is 0.13.0. Currently, the daily build is from that branch. After the release, daily builds will be again directly from the trunk, like they're normally.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

i just got my friend to send me the release from the 6th... he says discworld 2 works fine... i tried mine on that SVN still wasn't recogniced...

im guessing my sumcheck still needs to be added anyway?

any eta for 0.13.0? or is it one of those it'll be ready when its ready things?
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

PsYcO wrote:i just got my friend to send me the release from the 6th... he says discworld 2 works fine... i tried mine on that SVN still wasn't recogniced...
No idea.
If it's really a build from the SVN trunk from the 6th, it should work.
If it's a daily build from the 6th, that's already from the 0.13.0 branch and Discworld should be disabled there.
PsYcO wrote:im guessing my sumcheck still needs to be added anyway?
No, the checksum you posted is already known. It was already in the code when the Discworld engine hit the public SVN last year.
PsYcO wrote:any eta for 0.13.0?
Release is scheduled for the 28th.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

thanks very much, your always a great help
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

PsYcO wrote:i just got my friend to send me the release from the 6th... he says discworld 2 works fine... i tried mine on that SVN still wasn't recogniced...
If you're using the daily builds, that would be the reason why you can't get DW2 to work. The Tinsel game engine is disabled by default, which means that those daily builds are compiled without Tinsel enabled, which means you can't play DW2 with the daily builds. In order to be able to play DW2 now, you would have to check out the source and compile it yourself, enabling Tinsel as you do so--which is obviously what your friend is doing.
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

DrMcCoy wrote:The upcoming release is 0.13.0. Currently, the daily build is from that branch. After the release, daily builds will be again directly from the trunk, like they're normally.
Not quite right, in the case of Windows daily snapshots at least. The Windows daily snapshots were built from trunk again, as soon as release testing stopped.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Kirben wrote:
DrMcCoy wrote:The upcoming release is 0.13.0. Currently, the daily build is from that branch. After the release, daily builds will be again directly from the trunk, like they're normally.
Not quite right, in the case of Windows daily snapshots at least. The Windows daily snapshots were built from trunk again, as soon as release testing stopped.
Indeed, Disworld 1 and 2 both work fine in the Feb 20th daily build.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Oh, okay, my bad then.

And I do see his mistake now, too: When copying the data files from the 2 CDs to the HD, you have to rename english.smp/.idx/.txt from the first CD to english1.smp/.idx/.txt and the ones from the second CD english2.smp/.idx/.txt.
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

KuroShiro wrote:
Kirben wrote:
Indeed, Disworld 1 and 2 both work fine in the Feb 20th daily build.
They don't work for the Ubuntu daily build for Feb 20th.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

DrMcCoy wrote:Oh, okay, my bad then.

And I do see his mistake now, too: When copying the data files from the 2 CDs to the HD, you have to rename english.smp/.idx/.txt from the first CD to english1.smp/.idx/.txt and the ones from the second CD english2.smp/.idx/.txt.
oh super, wished i checked the forums earlier now... works. fantastic!