Bluetooth Mouse support (hinkka)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

darknova

Bluetooth Mouse support (hinkka)

Post by darknova »

Hello,
Would it be possible to add bluetooth mouse support such as in hinkka's Quake 1/2/3 builds? His source can be downloaded from http://koti.mbnet.fi/hinkka/Download.html. I use this in his quake ports and it works great. Thanks.
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

Hi,
This is like totally the wrong site for Quake-related questions. It's ll about point & click adventures here.
You did post in the Symbian subsection so I am going to go ahead and assume you have a Symbian phone. In this case you should have more luck on a forum like http://www.symbian-freak.com/forum/
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

What he suggest is to add bluetooth mouse support to ScummVM!

I'm adding mouse support in the next release, to be able to support S60v5 devices. That would also include BT mouse support for older devices I think.

Anyone who has tried it with a UIQ3 device?
darknova

Post by darknova »

Thanks Anotherguest,
I didn't think S60v3 supported any Bluetooth HID profiles for a mouse out of the box. Let me know if you need someone to test. I have a N95-3 with a few SCUMMVM games loaded.
Anotherguest wrote:What he suggest is to add bluetooth mouse support to ScummVM!

I'm adding mouse support in the next release, to be able to support S60v5 devices. That would also include BT mouse support for older devices I think.

Anyone who has tried it with a UIQ3 device?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Actually if I get pointer events I should be happy. Hopefully the HID driver will send those. Then everything would be fine.
triada

Post by triada »

Links:
hidsupp_v100.sisx
hidsupp_changelog.txt - Changes since previous versions
hidsupp_headers.7z - header files for HID support package (developers only). The HID support binaries are still optional
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Ohh its special mouse HID support, thought the built in keyboard also included mouse. Ohh well.. ... I can always do a special build.
triada

Post by triada »

yes, you're absolutely right, there are actually HID,mouse and keyboard support. When could you fix HID support to ScummVM?
And could you fix HID support to the Internet browser?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

HID support for keyboard is already there, since Nokia already has provided drivers for that (which came with their BT keyboard, but it also works for other BT keyboards). But its a mystery to me why they did not included mouse support also. Special APIs is always a complication in the end.

The browser probably does not have mouse support built in, and thus sending mouse events to it , wont help a single bit I'm afraid.
triada

Post by triada »

Russian people have a proverb:’Eyes are afraid but hands make’. I believe in your ability, if you like you’ll be a success! :)

So will you start fixing mouse HID support to ScummVM or not?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Sure I will try to. It wont be a part of the 0.13.0 release but I will make a special build supporting it.
darknova

Post by darknova »

Very cool. This would be great for when I'm playing on the TV. Thanks Anotherguest.
darknova

Post by darknova »

Very cool. This would be great for when I'm playing on the TV. Thanks Anotherguest.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I have added initial support for it, but need the correct caps and a keyboard/mouse to test with. Tried the config software and that did not start on my 6120. So not sure what platforms are supported for this SW!

And I found a fault. Screen not updating.. please navigate from ScummVM and then backagin. Got the cliprect wrong.(again)
triada

Post by triada »

I would remind you that the mouse should be a special one. For example my Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 toils pretty good.
Devices known to work:
Logitech DiNovo Mini - bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo
Nokia SU-8W - bluetooth keyboard
Apple - bluetooth mouse (exact model not known, use passcode 0000)
Logitech mouse - bluetooth travel mouse (v270 I believe)
iGo - bluetooth keyboard
Microsoft - bluetooth mouse (exact model not known)
Trust MI-5700rp - bluetooth mouse

Send me please your mouse HID support and I’ll check it with my Nokia E90 Communicator.