Discworld

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

nasilspray

Post by nasilspray »

is it strange that one of my computers recognizes discworld, but when i transfer the folder onto my laptop it doesnt?

im using the same snapshot, so i have no idea why this would be happening.

it's the cd version.
Kisdra

Post by Kisdra »

wec wrote:
bobablob wrote:One was posted here two weeks ago.
That build was only for Intel Macs. I would also appreciate if someone could make a working Universal Binary (or PPC) build.
Well, I don't think it works wih DW even on Intel, because with this build, I'm unable to play any of the two Discworld games on my MacBook.
Wizard Of Odd

Post by Wizard Of Odd »

Sorry if I am late to the party, but is Discworld officially supported now? There seems to be a lot of people talking about it in various threads, but it's not on the compatibility list yet. Is it supported by the latest release, or still just daily snapshots etc?

Thanks!
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Wizard Of Odd wrote:Sorry if I am late to the party, but is Discworld officially supported now? There seems to be a lot of people talking about it in various threads, but it's not on the compatibility list yet. Is it supported by the latest release, or still just daily snapshots etc?
No, it is not officially supported now, and thus could be found only in the daily builds. It will not be included in 0.13.0

Eugene
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

sev wrote:
Wizard Of Odd wrote:Sorry if I am late to the party, but is Discworld officially supported now? There seems to be a lot of people talking about it in various threads, but it's not on the compatibility list yet. Is it supported by the latest release, or still just daily snapshots etc?
No, it is not officially supported now, and thus could be found only in the daily builds. It will not be included in 0.13.0

Eugene
Well, I am looking forward for the release of 0.13, so that Discworld is reactivated in the Daily Builts.
Kisdra

Post by Kisdra »

sev wrote:

Eugene
Finally, it won't be fully supported in 0.13 ? Aww… :( But, I guess it's for good reasons, so it'll be worth to wait a bit more ! ^^
nebula2008

Post by nebula2008 »

could someone upload a build of scummvm svn that allow discworld 2 to be played as reliably as possible thanks
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

I regularly build Wii and Win32 binaries for myself. Check the link in my signature.
No guarantees ofcourse.

BTW Now that DW 1+2 are playable, completable we could use a compression tool for them ;)

I have no idea what would be necessary for this, could anyone knowledgable give some pointers? How much existing code can be reused?
nebula2008

Post by nebula2008 »

thanks bossk for your link that build works fine with discworld so far thanks so much for your help
Franklinsteiner

Post by Franklinsteiner »

I have a build of SCUMMVM that enables Discworld 2 to be played but I have no idea what to do when you need to do disc-swapping! howdo you play disc 2 after completing disc 1?
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

You really should have copied all the needed files onto your hard drive (renaming the files that need to be renamed). Just see the wiki for what you need to do.
Tzimbar

Post by Tzimbar »

I have downloaded the latest version 0.14 (dated 23rd of feb) from bossk's fantastic site, but it does not seem to work with Discworld 1: it says that the game is not recognized..
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Tzimbar wrote:I have downloaded the latest version 0.14 (dated 23rd of feb) from bossk's fantastic site, but it does not seem to work with Discworld 1: it says that the game is not recognized..
Ask bossk what he put in that package perhaps? :D

Eugene
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

My package contained a trunk checkout, scummvm as-was at that moment.
IIRC my copy of DW1 worked fine, I have no idea why yours was not detected.

Got any debug output?
Tzimbar

Post by Tzimbar »

It only says "Scummvm could not find any game in the specified directory".
Is there a way to enable a "verbose" mode?