Nokia 6220 classic **Audio Stutter Solution**

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

stylin

Nokia 6220 classic **Audio Stutter Solution**

Post by stylin »

ScummVM 0.12.0
For Nokia 6220 classic
======================

If you're having audio stutter issues on the Nokia 6220 Classic on even the basic games, take a read and you will be happy.

Have now got it working after plenty of mucking around.

1) Uninstall & Reinstall ScummVM
2) Click "Options" tab of main screen in ScummVM
3) Click "Audio" tab.
4) Change music driver to "Adlib"
5) Change Output rate to "11khz"
6) Click MIDI" tab
7) Select "True Roland MT-32"
8) Press "OK"

OK now play and test and should work fine. You now also should be able to select all 11khz modes/drivers and most 22khz modes/drivers too!

I Might also add that the latest ScummVM has a tendency tp crash if you try directly clicking the Options tab sometimes (usually when individual games settings are played with).

So if this happens, there is a workaround to get to that tab.

1) Click on the individual game's "Edit Game" button
2) Press "OK" button

Thats it. Even though you will see by going through this workaround that you can actually also edit audio settings there via edit game, DO NOT. as you wont be able to get audio working properly if u do this. MUST be followed via the main options tab to do these setting changes. If you cant get it working after reading this, uninstall/reinstall an start again.

So there you are all sound ok for nokia 6220c!

Hope this helps whoever needs it.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I guess the 6220 has a big audio latency, and thus is not working very well at higher sample rates. Well. 11khz is better than no sound at all
Demophobie

Post by Demophobie »

Hi!

Thx for the solution, but as i already said in my thread. This doesnt work, when i do multitasking. :o
dequick

Post by dequick »

Thanks, this solution helped me.(5320 XM)