Simon The Sorcerer 5 coming

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Hansi

Simon The Sorcerer 5 coming

Post by Hansi »

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=58954

Hopefully it will be better than 4.
superfighter

Post by superfighter »

i really hope so
they need the classic theme tune back
selmi

Post by selmi »

i liked 4th, not from beginning but when i got into the game i started to like it a lot.... i look forward to play 5th :)
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

I should really get the 4th game! Hope Simon the Sorcerer continues for many years to come :)
CyberAxe

Post by CyberAxe »

There was a Simon the Sorcerer 4?!?!?!?!

I've not even played 3 as the dang thing refuses to play on newer OS's (Personally i'd like to see 3 remade for the Wii and given a slight graphical update i think the wiimote + nunchuck would lend itself perfectly to the title)

Well i guess it's not that surprising as a lot of people haven't heard of BS4 and PC games are far less advertised and such these days.

(sorry if i've gone off topic)
Hansi

Post by Hansi »

CyberAxe wrote:I've not even played 3 as the dang thing refuses to play on newer OS's (Personally i'd like to see 3 remade for the Wii and given a slight graphical update i think the wiimote + nunchuck would lend itself perfectly to the title)
The version of 3 sold here works with current systems:
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/simon_the_sorcerer_3d/
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

I viewed the trailer of Simon the Sorcerer 4 (English version) and I don't believe I could play a game with that voice featured :( Not the Simon I remember at all!
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

glidem wrote:I viewed the trailer of Simon the Sorcerer 4 (English version) and I don't believe I could play a game with that voice featured :( Not the Simon I remember at all!
Well, good luck if you play the German version. Then you get the original voice actor, and, because of the fact that the game has been developped in Germany, no poor translation bloopers.
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

Now if only I spoke German, happy days :)
selmi

Post by selmi »

english version is ok, i can't compare voices because before i played only simon 1 subtitled version (talkie didn't had subtitles andmy language skills are not good enough to rely on speech only)

truth is that intro to game is quite bad, first impression was that quick uninstall is all i want :) but later with carnivore rabbit, deathmetal fan little redhood etc. it started to get better and when i got used to game atmosphere i had no problems with it anymore
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

glidem wrote:Now if only I spoke German, happy days :)
Wll, I am happy to understand both versions. And in most cases I prefer the English one due to the loss of humour in translation. They do a great job in localisation (except Westwood at the kyrandia games), but there are some phrases you cannot translate, though. E. g. the stiff monkey you use for plumbing works in MI2 doesn't make sense in the German version since the German word for monkey wrench is quite different.
But I would like to know about the quality of the english translations of games such as Simon 4, The Moment of Silence and Secret Files: Tunguska.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

The English translation is pretty abysmal; not in the sense of a lot of grammatical errors, it's just incredibly clunky and unnatural. I have a feeling that some things that were pretty funny in the original script just come out sounding bizzare and stupid in the translation. Still, it's not a terrible game once you get into it. Nowhere near as good as 1&2 in my opinion, but better than 3d (not that that's saying much).
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

Well, 3D was primarily ruined by the awfully ugly graphics which gave a new definition to bad taste. The story itself and the dialogues were ok.
Rex Nebular

Post by Rex Nebular »

I kinda liked Simon4, great graphics, it looks exactly like simon1 on high res. It was quite fun to play but its a really easy and simple game.
Hansi

Post by Hansi »

German demo is out, any german speaker want to test it out for us?

http://www.simon-the-sorcerer-5.de/downloads/