Nokia 5800 XpressMusic and ScummVM

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Piif

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic and ScummVM

Post by Piif »

I just bought the phone a few days ago and were wondering if there was any ScummVM version that works with it? The s60 version obviously loads up but since the phone doesn't have any keypad (it's completely touchscreen) I can't do anything with it.

So are there any S60 compatible touch screen versions available?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi!
Not yet. But I'm working on it. I need to
a) Get touch support working
b) Creating a virtual keyboard so you have a 480x360 gameplay area and a 160x360 area is left for a virtual keyboard, since there are no keys to use AT all on this device. :-(
breakthru

Post by breakthru »

Hi!

I'm also excited about ScummVM being ported to S60 5th edition. I hope you easily figure out how to implement those features. I can't be of any help in terms of programming/porting but I can test drive anything you compile :)
antzq

Post by antzq »

Good luck with this project, looking forward to it!
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Now I have somekind of virtual keyboard, which always gives you a fullkeyboard in 320x240 and 320x200 modes (not in VGA yet), also with cursor, numbers etc.

I still have some tweaking left to do though.
breakthru

Post by breakthru »

That's great to hear :) I can hardly wait to slip copies of my Scumm games to the 5800XM. I really wish I had some programming skills so that I could help... But as I've said before, I'm available for testing what you compile...
gsspider

Post by gsspider »

I also hope that there will be a S60 5th "touch version" soon.
If a tester is needed, I am happy to help. I also have a developer certificate for my 5800, so there is no need for the test versions to be signed (in case this would be a problem).
Zakpu

Post by Zakpu »

Hey guys, I'm a huge fan of your Symbian OS ScummVM port I think you're doing an amazing job with it, use to play it all the time on my 6120c, just got a new 5800 XpressMusic last week, it would be amazing to see scummvm on it, I can't really do anything to help you with it but if you need testers count me in
breakthru

Post by breakthru »

gsspider wrote:I also have a developer certificate for my 5800, so there is no need for the test versions to be signed (in case this would be a problem).
Same here...
Piif

Post by Piif »

Anotherguest wrote:Now I have somekind of virtual keyboard, which always gives you a fullkeyboard in 320x240 and 320x200 modes (not in VGA yet), also with cursor, numbers etc.

I still have some tweaking left to do though.
When can we expect to get our hands on this awesomeness? :)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Soon!
bdtngkbhypltqy

Post by bdtngkbhypltqy »

i would love to see comi on the 5800
i don't think there's any need for a keyboard
u can task softkey1 (middle white) to pop the menu, the rest will be done via the virtual mouse and clicking on the screen.

also, if you want a virtual keyboard u can probably use the native symbian input methods, u can force the mini-keyboard to a specific spot and it should do nicely.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Middlekey? That will only bring up the taskmanager. Left key will bring you to dialing and right exit the app. So no keys.. And you need keys.. for special actions in games, AGI games (lots of keys) and saving, loading etc.

And fep keyboard, will have to overwrite my DSA screen, which in turn will turn off DSA, or start flickering.

Also FEP has to be activated and the question is when to activate it.

Easier with your own keyboard. And for COMI, VGA will be a slight issues, thats true.
svekl

Post by svekl »

I think it would be great to make virtual keyboard in portrait screen position and fullscreen mouse-like-only touch interface without vkb in landscape mode.

Sorry for my poor English, hope you understood.

BTW, here is information about capturing hw keys, hope it can help http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum ... hp?t=25871
Last edited by svekl on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I know how to capture keys, but they require caps, and protected caps. Thus signing, which is not free or easy (or even possible for this app).