FLA -> WAV (Recommend me a conversion tool)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

another world

FLA -> WAV (Recommend me a conversion tool)

Post by another world »

Can someone recommend an app to convert my .fla (Flac) files back to .wav for use with ScummVMDS? I've been looking for my original disks but can only find my back-up from 6+ yrs ago of The Secret of Monkey Island AMIGA VGA version.

All I need to do is get to .wav, I have been using Cool Edit Pro 2.1 for my .wav -> IMA ADPCM conversions.

I've read remarks by AgentQ that CDEX will convert from .ogg to .wav but can not locate info on if it works for .fla.

Cheers,
-Another World
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

No, we cannot help with that request.

In fact, VGA never was on Amiga. And even if it was, we cannot see from here that you really had the original, thus for the safety of our project there is Forum Rule #0 (see b part of it).

Eugene
another world

Post by another world »

Then can you explain why when I load up my back-up that ScummVM says its "VGA/Amiga/English?"

Sev, no disrespect, but I fail to see how my discussions about converting FLA to a usable WAV has to do with rule #0. I did not, in no way, what-so-ever, request where to get anything, ask to discuss warez, or the like.

You have classified me based on your assumptions. I do not appreciate it.

-Another World
tomten

Re: FLA -> WAV (Recommend me a conversion tool)

Post by tomten »

another world wrote:Can someone recommend an app to convert my .fla (Flac) files back to .wav
moderatorial

"Amiga/VGA" sounds weird. Maybe MI1 was re-released in AGA? Which of these matches your six year old legal backup? http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... and.2C_The
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

tomten, I appreciate your generosity, but as I told, giving answers to such questions may harm the project. You have no idea whether it is real case or yet another downloaded version of the game. Original did not need any such conversion.

Eugene
tomten

Post by tomten »

sev wrote:Original did not need any such conversion.
I'm sorry, but I'm still confused. The first thing I did was search for "monkey" and "flac" to see if the question was relevant at all, which led me to http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?p=41528 which I interpreted as that if you have a Monkey Island collection pack, with CD audio, you can rip that audio to FLAC to hear it in ScummVM. I thought that was what the OP here had done 6 years ago (NDS ScummVM doesn't play FLAC or MP3). I thought there was an Amiga version of the collection as well... there's been some discussion about MI CD audio in the Nintendo DS subforum before too, I think.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

I was talking about FLAC -> WAV conversion. And 6 years ago ScummVM did not support that for sure ;).

Eugene
another world

Post by another world »

Assuming my back-up original and back-up audio are from the same back-up. It doesn't really matter, Winamp and the FLAC plugin allowed to write out as a 44.1 WAV.

Problem sovled.

-Another World