Palm port compile instruction anywhere?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jihanj

Palm port compile instruction anywhere?

Post by jihanj »

I'm trying to compile the PalmOS port from its source code but can't find any information on how to do it.

I have MinGW set up on my Windows XP machine and have compiled Win32 version in the past but I am a newbie to the Palm arena.

Would I need code warrior? If so, which version? How should I set up the IDE/compiler environment, etc.?

If anybody could add some info on the Compiling ScummVM wiki page for the PalmOS port it'd be very much appreciated.
jihanj

Post by jihanj »

I'm bumping this thread since I'm desperately looking for an instruction on how to compile Palm OS version of ScummVM. The ScummVM WIKI doesn't have an entry on compiling for Palm OS. Can someone please enlighten me? Thanks.
thatgui

Post by thatgui »

AFAIK Metroworks Codewarrior 9.3 (with Palm SDK) is needed to compile it. It is still available via the metroworks website (if you got approx. 300€)
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

Well, and you need more free librairires which seems to not be available anymore directly.

I'll add something on the Wiki to help compiling the source.
jihanj

Post by jihanj »

Thanks a bunch. I appreciate it. I'll be waiting for it.
darthjdg

Post by darthjdg »

I'm bumping this thread, because apparently we are still waiting for the instructions.

Since the Palm OS port is considered a kind of official one, it would be VERY nice to have some build instructions at least, because nobody seems to care actually building it.

So pretty please, those of you enlightened, who might read this message, would you please share your knowledge and/or build the latest version and put it on the downloads section. I believe it would be a nice contribution, so maybe other developers can pick up this abandonned piece of code, and create some improved versions in the future.

Thanks.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Boy, people are quick to declare things abandoned :lol:. Have you tried to contact anybody (e.g. us, the team), to find out what the status of the port is? Or did you try to email Chrilith to find out why there still is no 0.12.0 release for PalmOS? :roll:
selmi

Post by selmi »

last news i have is 'I'll try to complete rapidly the key mapper so that I can release the new version, so, stay tuned!'. its from Chrilith's web site and its already 2 months old....

actually i would be happy if i would be able to compile it myself, maybe i would even be able to help with developing if i will get into code well enough
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

Hi guys,

Sorry to be away for so long.
Yesterday I've updated my code and compile all 21 engines successfuly for both Zodiac and Classic OS5. Many new engines are not working right now mainly because of aligment issues.

About key mapper I'll try to use the new built-in one as soon as the code has been fixed - do not reinvent the wheel ;)

I've tested some engines on my Zodiac and it still run pretty well. Now, I have to re-implement the sound on OS5 and I'll be able to release a new test version.

Let me know if I'm missing something!
selmi

Post by selmi »

its good to see you back! i am looking forward to see test version soon :)
karochky

Post by karochky »

Me too :)

Great job boys thanx !
LurkerScum

Post by LurkerScum »

Any news about PalmOS release ???
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Unfortunately there will be no PalmOS release of 0.13.1. Chris is too busy to cope with all the changes in ScummVM we had.

Eugene
LurkerScum

Post by LurkerScum »

Realy bad news !!! The latest stable release for PalmOS is V0.9.1 but it doesn't support much games... :cry: :cry: :cry: