Trouble saving my game

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Wizard Of Odd

Trouble saving my game

Post by Wizard Of Odd »

Hi, I have ScummVM all working on my iPod Touch great. Been playing SAM n MAX, and the first two Monkey Island games. But they don't save!

I just keep getting a 'failed to save state' error.

Any ideas?

I've used ScummVM for years on PC, Wii and PSP, and know it pretty well but can't work out why it's not saving!

Thanks.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Trouble saving my game

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Wizard Of Odd wrote: Any ideas?
On a PC, I'd guess that the Save Path setting wasn't pointing to a writable folder. I don't know if that also applies to the iPhone version, or if there are other problems to take into account.
Wizard Of Odd

Post by Wizard Of Odd »

Got this sorted now at last! It was because I didn't set the permissions right.

Doh!
Keyhole

Post by Keyhole »

How do you set the permissions ?

I created a folder called 'saves' on my iPhone but when I try to set it up as the save path I get, "The chosen directory cannot be written to. POlease select another one."
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Keyhole wrote:How do you set the permissions ?

I created a folder called 'saves' on my iPhone but when I try to set it up as the save path I get, "The chosen directory cannot be written to. POlease select another one."
When ScummVM creates its default savegame directory, it'll automatically be made with the correct permissions (since it's ran by the same user). If you create your own directory, it's probably being created as owned by the root user. Just make sure it's readable and writeable by the 'mobile' user (i.e. either change the ownership, or make it readable/writeable by everyone).