"your game version appears to be unknown" in t7g?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fearless_leader

"your game version appears to be unknown" in t7g?

Post by fearless_leader »

I'm new here. Please forgive me if this has already been covered.

Can't seem to get scummvm to recognize the 7th guest. I copied the files off the cds and ripped the track from cd1 as track1.mp3 and the track from cd2 as track2.mp3.

When I run scummvm and click add game, I go to the 7th guest folder (called t7g) and click choose. I get the error message box "Scummvm could not find any game in the specified directory". On the console, I see the following message:
"Your game version appears to be unknown."

It also gave some additional info but it was too much to type up and I can seem to cut n' paste from the console.

Since others have had success, I'm thinking I did something wrong. Anyone run into something similar?

EDIT: I'm also running 0.13.0svn (Dec 30 2008 9:58:49)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Have you copied all the files described here?
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... est.2C_The

Can you give us a listing of the folder's files?

If you're on Windows, try this:
Go to start->run and type "cmd" (without the quotes)
Then, in the console window that will appear, type "cd <insert path where you copied the files here>" (again without quotes)
Then in the same window, dir /s > files.txt

Then go to your game's folder, open the newly created files.txt, and paste the contents here
jvprat
ScummVM Developer

Re: "your game version appears to be unknown" in t

Post by jvprat »

fearless_leader wrote:On the console, I see the following message:
"Your game version appears to be unknown."

It also gave some additional info but it was too much to type up and I can seem to cut n' paste from the console
What's your game's language and platform? Right now just the English and Russian PC versions are detected. If yours is a different one we'll need that additional information.