N95 8GB Keymap

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

GillesDeRais

N95 8GB Keymap

Post by GillesDeRais »

Hi there,
I searched nearly the whole forum and WiKi to possibly find something to help me. I want to map the "pen" button of N95 as right mouse button. But the keymapping feature in the options menu doesn't seem to work. Has someone a clue? Would be very nice.

And: Where can I find a manual for the ScummVM Symbian version?

Greetz

Gilles
GillesDeRais

Post by GillesDeRais »

I beg you pardon for double posting. But is there really anybody that can give me a hint at least for where to find a manual?
clem

Post by clem »

no idea, sorry (this post just to show you that someone's reading this)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

WIKI!
GillesDeRais

Post by GillesDeRais »

Yeah, WiKi is a good point. But the only thing I found that was refering to SymbianOS was which phones are capable and something like that. I might be a complete moron, but would you mind to lead me to the rigth point in WIKI?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

GillesDeRais

Post by GillesDeRais »

Well, yeah, thx. Already found that. Everything clear so far. But this doesn't explain why I can't re-map the keys in the options menu of Scummvm. It doesn't seem to be functional right now. However, I finally found the key that is mapped as the right mouse button. Thx for your help anyway...

Gilles
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well it depends some on the input mode, also the PEN key is a rather special key for S60, its Shift, and I can't really remember its current special mapping in Scumm or the SDL part.

When it comes to the WIKI, I think any one who registers can edit it, and any changes or updates to it are welcome.

Hard to be Scummvm port, SDL, WIKI (for Scumm Symbian OS) at the sametime.
GillesDeRais

Post by GillesDeRais »

Yeah, I understand that one can't give instructions for every single S60 phone. And that surely is the reason why the wiki doesn't give any explanations on this problem. This particular problem might be bounded to the N95. When I figure out how to map the keys (what doesn't work with other keys either) I surely will add my piece of cake to the Wiki. Anyhow I hoped that someone around here knew the trick...
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

There are some common fixes and tricks you can use for your S60 phone. Check for example www.my-symbian.com forums for specific S60 help since this forum mostly handle ScummVM issues, and keymapping issues might be a N95 problem (media keys for example are special keys).
GillesDeRais

Post by GillesDeRais »

Well, I will have a look there. But since I found the right button there is no need anymore to re-map the keys. Everything works like a charm. ScummVM rocks :D Thank you very much for your help and for supporting such a great program! Thumbs up!
nifton

Post by nifton »

Giles, I read somewhere (re-called from memory a while ago so I can't be specific, sorry) that someone was complaining that the option to re-map the pen key with the N95 doesn't work with SCUMM as it may with other NOKIAs.
nifton

Post by nifton »

Just seen how old this post is i've dragged up, apologies.
vitojeans

I think it can

Post by vitojeans »

Apparently there is a piece of software called MagicKey that allows mapping any button to another one (maybe even the media ones)

Will try this and keep you posted!