E71 and Scummvm problems*

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

LurkerScum

Post by LurkerScum »

As i already said, i played indy3 and it crashed after one minute max. But suddenly it worked, and i could always play it without crashing. Now I installed Monkey Island 1 and the same problem started again, but Indy is still playable.

Does anybody know how to get error messages on the E71? I just found the file C:\DATA\scummvm\scummvm.stderr.txt but it's empty. Is there a debug version of ScummVm wich writes something there?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Sudden crashes like that can't be logged anywhere. For internal ScummVM errors, those would be found in the stderr file (like wrong game data, internal out of memory etc).
kyng-wu

Post by kyng-wu »

Im a happy user of a E71 to, can sombody told me where i get the save menu in monkey island ? cant find the button for esc ? :(
mjomble

Re: E71 and Scummvm problems

Post by mjomble »

xImtc wrote:Just want to add my quick experience: I am a new user of an E71 and a brand new user of SCUMMVM for any OS. I have only really tried out Curse of Monkey Island (MI3). I own the game and just copied the contents of both CDs to a folder on my memory card. It runs great when it is running...
Hmm, I've got an E71 and have managed to run all other games I've tried so far, but CoMI is only giving me sound and a black screen. I've searched older threads and other people seem to have had the same problem back when VGA wasn't supported on Symbian yet. But since you've managed to run it, I assume it should be working now. Did you do any special configuring or use any special keys or did it work right away?
kyng-wu wrote:Im a happy user of a E71 to, can sombody told me where i get the save menu in monkey island ? cant find the button for esc ? :(
Try * (function key and U). Doesn't work on some intro or cutscene kind of parts, but usually does the trick during gameplay.
Chaostar

Post by Chaostar »

Well, I cannot even run ScummVM right in my E71. I've used ScummVM in the past perfectly well both in Windows PC and Windows Mobile, but now in Nokia E71 I run the installed app and I get a menu screen "sideways" (portrait) and cannot move the cursor. I tried using the dpad, the number keys, any other key, NOTHING happens at all except that I can quit using the "backspace" key. Any ideas??
Thanks!
Chaostar

Post by Chaostar »

Ok all solved, found the solution in the forums. Apparently I had to change to joystick control and the click buttons are the softbuttons below the screen. To enter CTRL mode, press the green "call" button on the phone.
dashMS

Re: E71 and Scummvm problems

Post by dashMS »

mjomble wrote:
xImtc wrote:
kyng-wu wrote:Im a happy user of a E71 to, can sombody told me where i get the save menu in monkey island ? cant find the button for esc ? :(
Try * (function key and U). Doesn't work on some intro or cutscene kind of parts, but usually does the trick during gameplay.
I do experience the problem described above, too, and pressing * does NOT do the trick for me. Any other solutions or experiences?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

E71 is a special case, E61 had one way of handling the keyboard, sadly the E71 does not do the same, actually they conflict. You should remap that key in global options/paths->Keys to a better suitable key for the E71.
sechserfan

software crashes on my E71 too

Post by sechserfan »

Hi!

i'm using ScummVM 0.12.0 and indy4-talking version.

the software crashes at minimum all 5 to 10 minutes -
sometimes it crashes after a few seconds.

this might be the same problem:
when i move the cursor it sems that the software also
gets some random click events.

if i can help with any debugging please let me know.

Regards

Holger
tolek_88

Post by tolek_88 »

I have the same problem with Dott.
After few minutes of playing, the game just quits. It is less than 5 minutes, because it does not do autosave before (that is set to 5 minutes)