Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars – The Director's Cut

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Here's a screenshot of the original Broken Sword when talking to Nico:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/c ... tId,15075/

The background is the same, yes, the character closeups of hte director's cut look very impressive though :)
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

I don't see the point of releasing the game to PC again. It's already available for the PC, and the difference isn't big.

Besides, if it was released to the PC again, it would most likely not be compatible with ScummVM.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

doomer wrote:Today we can afford to buy every single console which effectively means we should focus on content, not on fanboyism.
...looks at doomer's location.
Wow, I'm moving to Bulgaria.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

md5 wrote:Here's a screenshot of the original Broken Sword when talking to Nico:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/c ... tId,15075/

The background is the same, yes, the character closeups of hte director's cut look very impressive though :)
I think it looks very different from the sprites... me no likey!
clem

Post by clem »

Freddo wrote:I don't see the point of releasing the game to PC again. It's already available for the PC, and the difference isn't big.
Have you actually played it? I heard that there is more new content (story-wise) than just new graphics. This might justify buying it again. Plus it's nice to see that point-and-click isn't solely 3D or pre-rendered 3D nowadays.
Freddo wrote: Besides, if it was released to the PC again, it would most likely not be compatible with ScummVM.
It won't be compatible with ScummVM since the graphics are high-color and ScummVM only supports 8-bit graphics in games.
doomer

Post by doomer »

Red_Breast wrote:
doomer wrote:Today we can afford to buy every single console which effectively means we should focus on content, not on fanboyism.
...looks at doomer's location.
Wow, I'm moving to Bulgaria.
You will be welcomed here. 8)

As a matter of fact, I went holiday shopping yesterday to fulfill my ultimate console dream. I got the l33test console. It is my fifth. I got the latest revision of the Playstation 3, 80 Gb version, in a nice package too. Two Dualshock 3 joysticks with vibration, and two nice games. ;) Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and Heavenly Sword.

Wow this is the most advanced piece of technology I have ever seen. You can even install an alternative operating system on it, use it on Folding Home, I mean I am left totally speechless.

I guess...........

As Anakin said...

This is where the fun begins. :twisted: