Will SCUMMVM support...

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

john_doe
ScummVM Developer

Post by john_doe »

So far the scripts are the same like mentioned and I think the pathwalking stuff is pretty similar (I only started yesterday so I don't know that much yet :))
The game data itself is different, though, mostly the graphics and sound.
Ender
Retired

Post by Ender »

Who made Toonstuck?

I'm aware of several titles using the Kyra engine, but they are all Westwood titles... Toonstuck wasn't, was it?

(yeah yeah, why go to MobyGames when I can increase my forum post count :)
john_doe
ScummVM Developer

Post by john_doe »

It was made by Burst Entertainment that was a (afaik an in-house) developer for Virgin so they probably reused the code when Virgin bought Westwood or they had the rights to the source.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

there's the dekyra tool in CVS but it works somehow unreliably for me; maybe there could be one disassembler for all similar games?
dekyra works only that bad because it uses the old script code and has a buggy 'flowtest' method.
I'm aware of several titles using the Kyra engine, but they are all Westwood titles... Toonstuck wasn't, was it?
I would really call it more a Westwood Engine than Kyra, since many things are also used in command and conquer and dune 2 (basic script layout, cps files, pak files, wsa images, dunno about the special shapes). And most of the rest (GUI i.e.) is pretty much hardcoded.
Albertini

Post by Albertini »

Why dont make a new gui, more beautiful with screenshots of the game, game box art and the art and logos of the web site??

Why dont Support Drascula? jejejej, is very good game

Andd Filters to the fonts of Curse of Monkey Island , Broken Sword, etc.

Example Logos, form LucasArts Musseum

Albertini

Post by Albertini »

More Logos:

Albertini

Post by Albertini »

Albertini

Post by Albertini »

Japanese Box Art (Very Freak):

Albertini

Post by Albertini »

Albertini

Post by Albertini »

Albertini

Post by Albertini »

sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Albertini wrote:Why dont make a new gui, more beautiful with screenshots of the game, game box art and the art and logos of the web site??
We will not be able to use game box art, just to avoid any copyright clashes. As of new cooler GUI, there is one in the works.
Albertini wrote: Why dont Support Drascula? jejejej, is very good game
We're doing negotiations with it's authors, but I haven't heard from them for over a month. Apparenly they're too busy to gice us the sources.
Albertini wrote: Andd Filters to the fonts of Curse of Monkey Island , Broken Sword, etc.
What do you mean with that? Those are fonts originally developed for 640x480. There is nothing to filter. Also we can't use antiasing there because the games use 256 colors.

Eugene
Albertini

Post by Albertini »

The new GUi use Screenshots??The user donwload the box Art directly jejeje. The Autors of Drascula and Spanish. I´m Spanish. I need help talk to me.

The fonts, use a option of 640x480 full screen.

Is posible a new compresion of the Broken Sword Videos?? I have a Spanish Original copy of Broken Sword 1 & 2
bresh

Post by bresh »

When will scummvm support discworld 1 and 2? If it will... :)
elpitufo

Will support...

Post by elpitufo »

When will it support: Laura Bow Adventures like Laura Bow and the Dagger of Amon Ra? xDDDD
Thanks!