can someone suggest the next point and click to play.

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Bobbin Threadbare

can someone suggest the next point and click to play.

Post by Bobbin Threadbare »

Hi I have just brought a phone that I can install scummvm on and its made me get out my old games and play around but I was thinking of looking for a new game to try out, here are the games i've played and liked

monkey island games- all excellent
day of the tentacle- one of my favorites
loom- another of my favorites
broken sword 1-3- most excellent games
sam and max- very good
kyrandia 1 & 3 - funny although some of the puzzles are kind of frustrating and dont make alot of sense

the dig- never actually completed but i did enjoy it
full throttle- great although i prefer the top 4 games in my list

can't think of anymore

so my question is based on the ones I like what would be a good choice for me to try and track down and play? (I paid £14 for day of the tentacle off ebay because I lost my original but it was worth it)

many thanks
Mirko

Post by Mirko »

Try "Flight of the Amazon Queen". It's Freeware and available from the ScummVM Homepage. There are also "Beneath a Steel Sky", "Drascula" and "Lure of the Temptress", but I did not play those yet.
Rasi

Post by Rasi »

If you liked monkey island, you will definately also like Simon The Sorcerer 1 and 2.
superfighter

Post by superfighter »

if we are talking about a new games
i have to recommend a Vampire Story! its THE best adventure game ive played since the good old days :D
ovvldc

Post by ovvldc »

Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders

or

How Can One Hack Writer, Two Yale Coeds and a Stale Load of French Bread Save The World from a Galactic Conspiracy? Not Without Your Help!
Bobbin Threadbare

Post by Bobbin Threadbare »

Hey everyone thanks for the suggestions I think I'll start off with the simon games they seem like fun to me.

is a Vampire Story supported by scummvm? because it looks really good, if its not i might get it anyway and just play it on my pc.
superfighter

Post by superfighter »

no it isnt a scumm game but i thought it was really worth mentioning, if adventure gaming is really going to get as popular as it used to be this is how they need to be made!