Running Sam and Max (mac version, cd rom) on a mac

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

QuannyG

Running Sam and Max (mac version, cd rom) on a mac

Post by QuannyG »

Hi, how do I run a mac cd rom version of Sam and Max on mac OS X, I just copied the file and the data file from the cd, but it doesn't work
help?
Urd

Post by Urd »

According to the Wiki you only need "Sam & Max Data"
Since I dont own the Mac Version I can only assume that this is the name of a folder on the cd that need to be chosen.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

"Sam & Max Data" is actually a file, and it is the only file that you need to copy. Then you have to add the game in ScummVM by choosing the directory in which you copied the file).
The problem is the file might be invisble on the CD. If you do a search on the forum you will find several topics mentioning that for some LucasArt mac games the Data file is invisble on the CD (I can't confirm this is the case with Sam & Max as the file is visible on the CD I have).
Urd

Post by Urd »

if it is invisible its quite fun to compy it to the Hrddrie, since mac hasn't got an otpion to make those files viible.

to find invisble files try this:
http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?sto ... 9001916749
or this:
http://kb.iu.edu/data/ajyj.html
QuannyG

Post by QuannyG »

I have tried copying the data file, but scumm vm doesn't recognise it, i tried adding the file to scummvm, but it won't let me do it

EDIT: my computer says its a microsoft office data file, and i run mac os x leopard, would any of these be a problem?

EDIT 2: I tried this with the mac version of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, and it does the same thing, HELP!!!!
Urd

Post by Urd »

QuannyG wrote:I have tried copying the data file, but scumm vm doesn't recognise it, i tried adding the file to scummvm, but it won't let me do it

EDIT: my computer says its a microsoft office data file, and i run mac os x leopard, would any of these be a problem?

EDIT 2: I tried this with the mac version of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, and it does the same thing, HELP!!!!
what you Mac thinks this is is abolutely irrlevant.
Can you Proveide the Checksum of the Datafile?
http://www.kingdom-era.com/products/validator/
QuannyG

Post by QuannyG »

the checksum is 94c0104886789431c0fd322f34315b68cec424ff
Urd

Post by Urd »

ATM I Dont find the list with the Checksums so i can't check againt it, but another Idea might to extract the interal data from the data file.
Grad the Tools start the terminal, drag extract_scumm_mac into the terminal window, than dreg the datafile into the terminal window. hit enter. locate the extracted files and try it with those.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

QuannyG wrote:I have tried copying the data file, but scumm vm doesn't recognise it, i tried adding the file to scummvm, but it won't let me do it
It is normal that you cannot choose the game file. All files are greyed out since what you need to select when adding a game is the directory containing the file(s).
QuannyG

Post by QuannyG »

thanks criezy!