The Legend of Kyrandia: Testing

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cappuchok

Post by cappuchok »

sev wrote:All that means that to eachieve this feature request we will have to collect significantly more MD5s, particularly for every game data file.
As I have it on the best of authority (the original lead developer) that Kyrandia 1 (English) has different dialogue between revisions at a particular point in the game, it shouldn't be too hard to determine at least which one of the two disparate versions you have by md5summing the file that contains the difference. I for one think it'd be nice to see the revision number of a game in the ScummVM menu, especially if the new GUI concept comes through.
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

cappuchok wrote:I for one think it'd be nice to see the revision number of a game in the ScummVM menu, especially if the new GUI concept comes through.
I totally aggree to the full extend and whole-heartedly to your opinion. :D
clem

Post by clem »

if you look for "version" in the english kyra1 exe (and equivalents in other languages) you'll see a version number - varying from 1.0 to 3.7 afaik - maybe that helps at least determining which version is which

clem
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

ok french floppy is supported now. I just updated kyra.dat.
pi

Post by pi »

Is there any explanation that Brandon suddenly started to move faster later in the game? Everything else is at normal speed. Not that it worries me, I'm actually glad that I don't have to stare at Brandon crawling over the screen :)
I can submit a bug report if you want me to, I still have some savegames lying around for a speed comparison. I just wanted to check that I haven't pushed an undocumented key for the speedup. But it makes me wonder that the walking speed seems to be stored in the Savegame, not the config file or such.

pi~
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Maybe this happened after you visited Dawn in the temple after she disappeared. Brandon's speed changes during this cutscene, and "sticks" after that. I believe this has been fixed in the latest CVS though
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

md5 wrote:Maybe this happened after you visited Dawn in the temple after she disappeared. Brandon's speed changes during this cutscene, and "sticks" after that. I believe this has been fixed in the latest CVS though
yeah that should be fixed now as vinterstum told me.
pi

Post by pi »

Dawn? I think you mean Brynn here? That of course could be possible, I remember having visited the temple when the walking speed changed. It seems that I'm lucky though, the walking speed is still fast in my savegame even with the current CVS :)
Would be a nice feature as well IMO, if you could implement some "move faster"-hotkey.

Regards,
pi~
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

that can be done when the GUI works.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

In the meantime:

Hit 'd' to enter the debug console, then enter 'settimercountdown 5 <somenumber>'. 5 is default, lower is faster.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

you have to exit the debugger with "exit" if you press ESCAPE it will not open again, at least it never did for me.
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

LordHoto wrote:you have to exit the debugger with "exit" if you press ESCAPE it will not open again, at least it never did for me.
Maybe that's a bug to fix :wink:
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

joachimeberhard wrote:
LordHoto wrote:you have to exit the debugger with "exit" if you press ESCAPE it will not open again, at least it never did for me.
It's on my list.

Not too high up though ;)
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Vinterstum wrote:
joachimeberhard wrote:
It's on my list.

Not too high up though ;)
we now of it since the debugger was implemented :)
noize

Post by noize »

Might be usefull to state on the Game Data Files list that for the CD version,
files CHAPTER2.VRM till CHAPTER5.VRM aren't needed.