Recording ScummVM games...

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Digitalburn

Recording ScummVM games...

Post by Digitalburn »

Ok in an attempt to work on a Fullthrottle project I have, I have been trying to record game play of the entire game of FullThrottle. I am using Camtasia Studio to do this and for some odd reason I can't seem to get the FPS it is recording above 5/FPSec. I have scaled up down and used the increase game speed and to no avail I have yet to see Camtasia record of 5/FPSec. Is there a way to set ScummVM to a higher FPS during game play? I notice while it is playing that it does seem a bit choppy. Is there any way to adjust this?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Try to run it with 1x scaler.

Eugene
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

You could play the game in DOSBox and use the video capture function there.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Freddo wrote:You could play the game in DOSBox and use the video capture function there.
Then again, you could play every game supported with DosBox and not even bother to use ScummVM...
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

Raziel wrote:Then again, you could play every game supported with DosBox and not even bother to use ScummVM...
Right. But ScummVM is usually the better choice for the games it support.

It's just that DOSBox have a built-in video recording function, so using that would make things easier in this case. And even if DOSBox stutters while it's recording, the final video file will play perfectly.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

<ScummVM should have that too
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

If there wasn't so many other things i'd like to see as a GSoC student project, i'd say it sounds like a plan ;-)
Cyphox

Post by Cyphox »

i'm using "my screen recorder".

i tested about 4 or 5 different programs and nearly all of them suck a**....

the free version of msr adds a watermark to the video, but if you don't mind about that imho it's a good choice.

you can adjust the recording-fps, too.... the weird thing is, i set 25fps, but the recording has just 15 fps.

and no, i don't think it's a performance issue, a c2d with 3,2ghz should be able to handle this, shouldn't it?

well, at least it's better than 5 fps, give it a try if you want...