Broken Sword 1

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

zaccret wrote: I think there are different files for cutscenes and "in-game" music/speech
In Broken Sword 1, the speech for the cutscenes is stored in the audio files in the cutscene pack. In Broken Sword 2, it's taken from the speechN.clu files. (The cutscene audio files still contain any other background sounds and music for the cutscene file.)

That's why there are various language add-ons for Broken Sword 1, but not for Broken Sword 2.
clem

Post by clem »

eriktorbjorn wrote:In Broken Sword 2, it's taken from the speechN.clu files. (The cutscene audio files still contain any other background sounds and music for the cutscene file.)

That's why there are various language add-ons for Broken Sword 1, but not for Broken Sword 2.
I always thought that's because BS2 didn't have any speech during the cutscenes.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

clem wrote:I always thought that's because BS2 didn't have any speech during the cutscenes.
From what I remember, most of the Broken Sword 2 cutscenes do have speech. The intro certainly does. Actually, if the cutscene files can't be found, ScummVM will still play the speech and, optionally, display the subtitles. (That's a "well, it's better than nothing" feature from back when ScummVM couldn't play the Broken Sword cutscenes, and it seemed like a good idea to keep it even afterwards.)