R4 DS Help!!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Chaapaaiguy

R4 DS Help!!

Post by Chaapaaiguy »

I've installed ScummVM DS on my R4 after changing my SD card and find, that while the program starts up fine, when I go to add games, the contents of the folder where i stored the games are all scrambled (random characters in japanese etc??) and I am unable to select a game to install??

ScummVM worked fine on my old micro sd card...

Any ideas?
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Perhaps you have downloaded the Japanese kernel?
Chaapaaiguy

Post by Chaapaaiguy »

No, It's defo the english kernel,

The problem was that it worked fine for a time before, until it stopped saving my settings, that was sorted by formatting my SD and reinstalling ScummVM again,

My R4 is probably one of the "fakes" in that it accepts SDHC cards, and the new SD card i'm using is a 8gb model and the older card was 2gb, All normal DS games work though and this ids the first time i've had any problem with it,

Could it be the SD card?
tomten

Post by tomten »

Chaapaaiguy wrote:No, It's defo the english kernel,

The problem was that it worked fine for a time before, until it stopped saving my settings, that was sorted by formatting my SD and reinstalling ScummVM again,

My R4 is probably one of the "fakes" in that it accepts SDHC cards, and the new SD card i'm using is a 8gb model and the older card was 2gb, All normal DS games work though and this ids the first time i've had any problem with it,

Could it be the SD card?
Sounds more like the same problems as this person:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=6313