Games folders - can't have subfolders within the main?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

andyd2k

Games folders - can't have subfolders within the main?

Post by andyd2k »

Day of the Tentacle worked just fine but when I moved it into a subfolder within the main one scummvm failed to find it
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Err, what else could you expect? ScummVM is looking at the old place, so you have to re-add the game.

Eugene
andyd2k

Post by andyd2k »

I did. This is the folder structure...

/private/var/mobile/scummvm

within scummvm I have two other folders - The Dig and the Day of the Tentacle. scummvm will not look any further than within the scummvm folder. It just says no games are found even though there are two sub folders to check

EDIT: So it's clear, the same games will be found if I move everything to the scummvm instead of subfolders
Schnaks

Post by Schnaks »

andyd2k wrote:scummvm will not look any further than within the scummvm folder.
This is intended behaviour. See

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/User_ ... ing_a_game

and

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/User_ ... es_at_once
andyd2k

Post by andyd2k »

There is no shift key on my phone? nor did i see shift key listed in the iphone wiki

There is the shift key from the iphone keyboard but that does nothing.
andyd2k

Post by andyd2k »

I can't be the only one that loads up more than one game onto my iphone. Anyone?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Can't you add them one by one?
andyd2k

Post by andyd2k »

One by One how? The only way I can do that is if I have separate folders within /private/var/mobile for each game. I just wanted confirmation that i need to do it that way. Since I can't have subfolders within another (like private/var/mobile/scummvm/DOTT)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

It's best to put each game in a separate folder, as some games (especially from the same company) have similar file names, so you might get weird errors if you overwrite the files of one game with the ones from another one
andyd2k

Post by andyd2k »

Sorry if I'm not being clear. What I want to do is this...

private/var/mobile/scummvm/DOTT
private/var/mobile/scummvm/Dig

So within scummvm. But it seems like I have to do it this way instead...

private/var/mobile/DOTT
private/var/mobile/Dig
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Hm. That's very strange. You should be able to put your games in subfolders under the /scummvm folder, not sure if this a quirk with the iPhone port. Are you sure you select the relevant subfolder and move inside it, each time you add a new game?
andyd2k

Post by andyd2k »

Yep, I'm 100% positive. Day of the Tentacle would work if I moved it into scummvm but not if I moved it into scummvm\dott. I just never get the option to browse to a folder within scummvm - it just says that no games are found even though there are two subfolders within scummvm with all the relevant files
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

andyd2k wrote:I just never get the option to browse to a folder within scummvm - it just says that no games are found even though there are two subfolders within scummvm with all the relevant files
In the desktop version of ScummVM, you open a folder by double-clicking it, and leave it by going up. That doesn't work in the iPhone version? (I don't know anything about the iPhone. I think I may have been in the same room as one a few times, but that's as close as I've ever been.)
andyd2k

Post by andyd2k »

I click on the folder and then hit the open button - when i do that, I get the error that no games are found. It never gives me the option to look within a subfolder within another.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

andyd2k wrote:I click on the folder and then hit the open button - when i do that, I get the error that no games are found. It never gives me the option to look within a subfolder within another.
Does the button say "Open"? If it's like the desktop version, I thought (I can't check at the moment) it said "Choose". Double-clicking isn't the same thing.