Ultimate Broken Sword 2 Setup Guide

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

How much free time to I have?

Too much.
32%
Way too much.
68%

Total votes: 28

md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

All that you say is understandable... but what should we do? Give you the game for free illegally because you have strict rules in your country? :?
Javi-Wan Kenobi

Post by Javi-Wan Kenobi »

I'm just curious... What country are you from, Alenthas? I didn't find it in your posts, nor in your profile.
DCDayDreamer

Post by DCDayDreamer »

Alenthas wrote:Look man, I'm living in a country that doesn't allow you to do ANYTHING till ye get your hands on 18.
If your country is that bad, wait until you grow up and then emigrate, maybe then we won't have you wrecking decent threads for visitors that follow the forum rules.
Alenthas

Post by Alenthas »

First of all, its not free as I said. I downloaded but its costs because of its limites. After 6 GBs of download you pay extra money, 10 TL for every GB, I downloaded 3 times (100 MB, 700 MB, and 1,1 GB so it makes 20 TL = 17$) And there is lots of people who can buy these games, but they download instead (I really dont know why I'm still arguing. I'm already playing the damn thing).

Its Turkey Kenobi. Imagine a man who takes 600 TL each month. And imagine his son. Kid got some pc somehow, and its fine too. He wants to play lastest released games and he went to a pc shop. And he's like: "What the hell!? 100 TL for a GAME? You must be kiddin', I could buy 20 games with that money! Why should I buy just a one friggin game with it?" I think this dude got some point eh? This kids father takes 600 TL, would he pay 100 TL for a game? I guess not.

So DCDayDreamer, you're saying: dont play games till you're 18 eh? WOW! I'm seeing an EXPLOSIVELY HIGH AMOUNT OF INTELLIGENT here! Live with yer rules. Live with yer dreams. I ain't posting anymore, ban if ya like I dont care. I'm done with this.
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

You're clearly living in some form of dream world! It's a shame "you're done" 'cause it's just so funny to listen to such bullshit :lol:
clem

Post by clem »

Reckless wrote:You're clearly living in some form of dream world! It's a shame "you're done" 'cause it's just so funny to listen to such bullshit :lol:
Too bad it's ruining a perfectly informative thread :(
Maybe the last few posts could be split off into a separate thread?
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

or simply deleted seeing as they have no usefull information in them whatsoever?
Alenthas

Post by Alenthas »

Reckless. You have no idea dont you? I woulnt want to post off topic but I'm kinda forced to defend myself. Anyway, I agree with clem and Jonatan. I demand my posts to be deleted. And my account too.
zaccret

Post by zaccret »

Thanks for this great tutorial !!
About compression, do we really need the Lancer version of OggEnc, compress_sword2.exe is not enough ?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

zaccret wrote:Thanks for this great tutorial !!
About compression, do we really need the Lancer version of OggEnc, compress_sword2.exe is not enough ?
The compression tools, like compress_sword2.exe, generally only know how to take the original audio files apart, and how to re-assemble the new ones. The actual compression is done by running lame.exe, oggenc.exe or flac.exe on each individual sound.
zaccret

Post by zaccret »

Ok, so compress_sword2.exe depends on either lame.exe, oggenc.exe or flac.exe -> it cannot work "standalone" without any of these files present in the current folder.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

zaccret wrote:Ok, so compress_sword2.exe depends on either lame.exe, oggenc.exe or flac.exe -> it cannot work "standalone" without any of these files present in the current folder.
Correct. There have been some ideas about using programming libraries (at least for Ogg Vorbis and FLAC, I don't know about MP3) to do the compression, instead of starting an external program every time. But I don't know what, if anything, ever became of those ideas.
howl

I also have vielogo.tga

Post by howl »

From the list of files in the fisrt post under clusters directory I have all of them but also one more, is called vielogo.tga, is the virquin interactive logo. Is used by scummvm in any part of the game if it is present?
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

no, this video is not played by ScummVM, even though it was in the original release.
howl

Post by howl »

Thanks.

Also I have to say that I have found something that I don't know if it can be a bug. My os is Linux (I mention it because it can distinguish upper and lowercase letter in filenames), when the directory clusters is called like this "Clusters" (the name that cames in the CD) scummvm can't find the resource.inf file, but if it is renamed to "clusters" or "CLUSTERS" it can. The same happen with cd.inf in the sword2 directory.

One more things that is related to the upper lowercase is that in cd1 there is Credits.bmp and cd2 is credits.bmp, when merging the cds the 2 files can exits in the same directory under linux. I removed credits.bmp because they are the same, but don't know if someone don't advise this if scummvm can have problems handling files with same name but different letter capitalization. In windows there is no problem it ask for overwrite it.