SVN Build updated

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

albi84

Sam and Max / Zak McKracken

Post by albi84 »

Hi i got a Nokia E51. And I play Broken Sword I with Anotherguests S60 v3 all SVN Build, and it just works absolutley perfect. But now I tried to play Sam and Max and Zak McKracken and both even won't be recognized bei scumm. (There are no gamefiles in the directorie). But I used all files need (from here)

Am I doing something wrong or does the modified SCumm only work with the certain games and would the normal scumm work.

Thanks.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Install the normal offical 0.12.0 build to play the other games. The Broken build is only for the two broken sword games.
albi84

bug in broken sword

Post by albi84 »

There is no dialog sound in parts of the Irish Pub. Which means you don't hear the dialog and you also don't get the text if you have activated it. Also the dialogs that are missin seems pretty short, so just like the programm passes them whitout playing them. The dialog is also missing by the first guy at the old castle, I don't played further, so for the moment I don't know if the sound will return.
Could it maybe be a problem because of the renamed speech1.clu and speech2.clu?

Edit:
I've uploaded a savegame, maybe this is helpfull. (I used the english version.) link

Edit2:

I've solved the problem. It seems that my speech2.clu file was corupted, maybe because of the more the 10 years old CD.
goetz

Post by goetz »

Anotherguest wrote:Perhaps I should create a new build with even larger heap pre allocation. Right now its only 6 mb then its ment to grow when needed.
Anotherguest, may I ask you to create a version of ScummVM for S60v3 including all the engines from the standard build, which uses the double amount of heap pre allocation, maybe even 15 MByte. :)

I would like to test if this works for COMI. At the moment I have a scene on Blood Island which always crashes on my E51. :(

Thanks and best regards,

Goetz
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

goetz wrote:
Anotherguest wrote:Perhaps I should create a new build with even larger heap pre allocation. Right now its only 6 mb then its ment to grow when needed.
Anotherguest, may I ask you to create a version of ScummVM for S60v3 including all the engines from the standard build, which uses the double amount of heap pre allocation, maybe even 15 MByte. :)

I would like to test if this works for COMI. At the moment I have a scene on Blood Island which always crashes on my E51. :(

Thanks and best regards,

Goetz
Always? Which scene is that? Can you provide a save game?
wolf

Post by wolf »

goetz wrote:I would like to test if this works for COMI. At the moment I have a scene on Blood Island which always crashes on my E51. :(
I can confirm there are some problems with memory. All-inclusive build crashes after about one minute of playing Broken Sword 1.

Having a build with tinsel enabled would also be nice. According to about box it's in, but Discworld cannot be recognized when adding directory.
goetz

Post by goetz »

md5 wrote: Always? Which scene is that? Can you provide a save game?
It's the scene in the hotel, where you give the egg, pepper and dog's hair to the bartender. After you give him the first item and while you have picked up the second one, ScummVM will crash. But it's strange that I cannot reproduce the crash today, while ScummVM was always crashing the last days. :(

Anyway, here is a Savegame for COMI-DE: (removed)

Another good candidate for a crashing scene is the Voodoo place in the second part of COMI: Pick up the Needle and the glue and you will have frequent crashes.

- Goetz
goetz

Post by goetz »

Just another update: After some time I have finished COMI on my Nokia E51.

I had to save frequently and try some scenes in different orders to prevent the crashes I mentioned above, but: COMI is completable on Symbian S60 3rd ed.

Anotherguest, thanks for your efforts! ;)

- Goetz
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Wow thats really great playing Goetz. :-) Phew.. Nice to see its really playable and completable even though it has some issues.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi!
Just for the fun of it. I just uploaded a new SVN version for S60v3 with first SCI support. And yes.. it will crash most of the SCI games anyway, some will give you an intro if you are lucky!

And.. this build is really really large, so don't expect it to run well on low memory devices.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

IMPORTANT! Bluetooth MOUSE support for S60v3 devices!

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi!
Thanks to Hinkka there is now bluetooth support in ScummVM for S60v3 releases.

http://www.anotherguest.se/cvsbuilds/sc ... v3_all.sis

To enable BT mouse download the support package here:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/hinkka/Download.html

Use the hidcfg tool to select which BT device you want to use (I have only a mouse to test with, but keyboard also should work).

Please DONATE to the author of the BT support libaries, since this would NOT be possible with out that support.

This release also contains a possible fix for mouse support for the Samsung i8510 INNOV8 phone.

I'm sorry that BT mouse does not work on this devices, since the BT HID package has some dependencies on SIS files which ONLY work on Nokia devices.

Have fun.. I know I'm having a blast with my Microsoft Laptop 5000 Bluetooth mouse. REally a strange feeling of controlling my scumm games with this mouse. But it works.. At least it seems to. :-)

I also added some shortcuts to
a) Global game launcher 1.. Enabled return to launcher
b) Keymappings 3 that dialog is really crappy right now, but before it was crashing. This will be a replacement for the most of the other keymappings I think
c) Virtual keyboard.. 2.. whoops for got the zip file for it, and it only supports VGA keyboards right now.. (More stuff to fix)..

Anyway.. enjoy the BT mouse stuff... :-) I do. :-)
darknova

Post by darknova »

The mouse support is really great Anotherguest. So far no problems and it makes playing so much easier.

Is there a way to map the mouse buttons, including the 3rd button?

Again, great job Anotherguest.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I only support two mouse buttons right now (from the quake source) and the jogwheel on top. I will see if I can support more. I think SDL supports three at least.
darknova

Post by darknova »

Just curious, are there games or menu items that use the jog wheel? And do you mean the scrolling action of the wheel or clicking? Clicking the wheel is what I was referring to as the 3rd mouse button.
fisken uno

Post by fisken uno »

Just tried this build and I can see SCI support is progressing nicely :) Games are indeed even quite playable now! Nice work!!